Ratings for Dr. Chet Wong

To be completely honest, I don't normally write reviews for anything/anyone but I felt like I needed to. I've read reviews about Dr. Wong and I was genuinely nervous about going to my appointment. After my appointment, I left feeling really good about myself. He took the time to make sure I knew what I was there for, he was really careful while gathering my history and clarified when he needed to. He took the time to ask me if I had questions and to make sure those were answered. I was delighted to have such a clear, concise, and straightforward doctor. He didn't rush me out until he was completely sure that I was satisfied with the answers I received, and that I had all the information I needed. He explained everything very well. The staff was very kind and helpful as well. Overall it was a very positive appointment for me, which I feel is quite rare. I was painlessly in and out within 15 minutes. He is a lot more pleasant than a lot of the reviews here make him out to be. Don't be doubtful of his ability as a doctor. He's great!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2018

I’ll be honest. After reading the reviews before my appointment, I was scared and genuinely felt that I should cancel my appointment. After actually going to the appointment yesterday, I feel like he is nowhere as bad as what some reviews depict him to be. Sure, he may be direct or straightforward but that doesn’t affect the purpose of the appointment. Also, before the allergy test, he told me (even though I didn’t ask him) what the test would be like and warned that it would hurt a bit. He also asked me if I had any questions for him before the test. I found that the test wasn’t as bad as I thought and even though I saw minimal blood, that was acceptable. For those of you that say he doesn’t smile, he smiled at the end of my appointment. I usually don’t leave reviews but I felt like I should because this doctor was not even half as bad as what some reviews have said. After all, we don’t expect customer service at the doctors right?

flag | Submitted July 1, 2018

Walked out on me, he went to microwave his lunch. Unbelievable.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2018

Worst doctor I've ever visited. No idea how he's practicing but here's why I can't believe this guy is a actual doctor. I have asthma, I've had it for the past 30 years so not only did he ignore this but he basically told me to get tested for Asthma because he wasn't sure if I had it! WTH are you talking about? Where the heck did you get your degree from??? It gets worst. The test itself was 10 minutes, didn't explain the test nor did he tell me what he was testing me for. After waiting in the back lunch room I was called back in. He handed me generic black and white print outs from the internet, one which was dated from 2012. You find better info on WebMD for crying out loud! I wasn't provided any details about my test, I was told to review the print outs. He also handed me a form to book an appointment for a lung test and ignoring the fact I've had asthma for 30plus years he had the nerve to put "asthma?" on the form but here's the icing on the cake...he writes me a prescription for asthma meds?! But you think I'm lying about my asthma and why would I get asthma meds from you?!! Unbelievable. I've written a formal complaint to the BC college of physicians and another letter to my MLA asking why this guy is practicing, how much he's billing tax payers for BS allergy exams and why other complaints have been ignored. It's about time this guy gets exposed.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

Wanted to get a food intolerance test and he gave me the regular stab test and gave me information that I already knew. His interpersonal skills are fairly non-existent. He seemed rushed. He almost never looked me in the eyes. He spitfired information at me and hardly gave me time to tell him what I knew about myself. If I asked him a question, he'd say "as I was about to say". The receptionist was a delight but it was like 1 cherry on top of a giant mud pie of an experience.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

This doctor is a complete lunatic! He yelled at me when I came in for my appointment and told me I do not have asthma because I usually do not wheeze. He then kicked me out of his office while yelling something at me. I spent 5 minutes in his office and he didn't do the allergy test my doctor sent me for. My family doctor was appalled and send me to the well known other allergist in Richmond. Mr Wong was wrong however as I was later diagnosed with moderate asthma and the other allergist found a host of allergies. I'm not a person who expects a warm and cuddly doctor but I would NEVER return to this antisocial jerk. If I could give negative stars I would. Dr Luciuk ( Richmond's other allergist) has a much longer wait but it's worth wait.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

There should be an option for NEGATIVE 10 stars for this doctor. After visiting Dr. Chet Wong, I was so bothered by him that I wanted to make a review to warn other patients. I'm not surprised that other patients have already beat me to it, saying the exact things that I want to say. I had an allergic reaction when I was about 8-10 years old. My tongue, insides of my mouth, and lips bubbled and swelled, and had excruciated stomach pains. He completely disregarded my allergy saying that it was not an allergic reaction, and that it was just my "anxiety-all in my head." How is that even possible?! He is a young doctor, and talks and sounds educated, but seems inexperienced because he is young. Many of the answers he gave to my questions contradicted what other doctors have said. He takes every question to offense, and makes you feel like a waste of time. What other patients have said is true; he is rude, no sense of humor, and should not be a doctor. I'm surprised he was even allowed to become a doctor. Seems like the type who was bullied in highschool, no girlfriend, and completely angry at the world. He looks and acts like a total grouch. He seemed annoyed at all of my questions. It amused me to see him frustrated, so I purposely asked more questions just to piss him off even more hahaha! By my last question, he didnt bother answering. Instead, he stood up, opened the door and said "I'm gonna let you go now," visibly irritated. This made me laugh as I walked out the door. The only good thing is that his secretary is very kind and courteous, and wait times were minimal--which should have been a bad flag from the beginning, considering he doesnt like to spend much time with you. Dr.Chet Wong needs to find a different career, because he clearly isn't happy with what his life right now.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

Not recommended. I came here to get help to get support , to get suggestion to solve problem. But seems like this dr. is very frustrated to taking care patient. No explaination during the test; after test he just made comment that I don't have allergy altho my arm is super ichy and rash shows and ready to kick me out the room. Or maybe he did explain by only asking Me the questions. He maybe smart and knowledge on this field, but by only asking patient question does not means done the explanation. He was mad and frustrated kept repeats that he is saying 3times already. Really want to tell him I'm frustrated too, how do I understand whole test without any explanation. If I know all of these, I don't need to waste my time here, or maybe I can be the dr. too.... Truly not recommend! If any of your family dr. Refer to this specialist. Just refused and ask another referral! No need to waste your time here

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Never want to take a step in his office again. Not friendly at all. Each time when I ask him a question he seems to get frustrated very easily. He doesn't explain about anything and starts doing the allergy tests. The moment when he pokes the needle in your arm he will pull the needle back with so much force that my arm was numb and bruised for 3 days. The staff was friendly and kind but if you are going to the clinic make sure you are not seeing him.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Was refered by my family Dr due to really bad seasonal allergies. Dr Wong knows what he is doing but it is not expressed in a way that is friendly. Both visits he would sit at the back of the room with arms crossed looking at me like I was a germ. Was no explanation about one of my allergies which is very frustrating. No allergy pill was given to me after the tests and my arm rashed up twice as much. Even the pharmacist was confused why this was not offered. Frustrated that I drove 45min for a 2min review that told me nothing.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017