Ratings for Dr. Marc C. Smaldone

I had surgery for bladder and prostate removal on 10-29-14, a result of recurrent bladder cancer. The surgery was successful and no chemo was necessary. I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Marc Smaldone. No one has a better bedside manner and availability. When was the last time you had a Dr. give you his personal cell phone number? And not only does he respond…He always answers it himself. His surgical work and follow-up was exemplary. I hope he never changes his approach to keeping patients and their family updated with the current situation and ongoing care.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

I was diagnosed with a Left Adrenal Mass. Not feeling comfortable with direction my local doctor wanted to take I started researching on the web. Fox Chase kept coming up, and had most informative web site for my particular diagnosis. Seeking a second opinion I called, and they set up an appointment. Could not believe how quickly they had got me in to see Dr. Marc Smaldone. I was very impressed in Dr. Smaldone's confidence and how informative he was. So I scheduled surgery to have Mass removed. I cannot say enough about my experience, Marc Smaldone's bedside manor is second to none. He handled my Wife's concerns with great care, and kept her posted continuously while I was in surgery. I was home in a matter of a couple days, and recovered very quickly. The nursing staff at Fox Chase was also very responsive to my needs, they made my stay very comfortable. If I would need any procedures of this nature in the future, without doubt I would call Marc Smaldone

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

My 20 year old son was recently diagnosed with testicular cancer. I called Fox Chase Cancer Center to make an appointment with Dr. Smaldone. I was treated with professionalism and care. We were very upset and everyone who I spoke to was empathetic and understanding. I was given an appointment for my son within 24 hours of calling and that helped very much due to our concerns. We met Dr. Smaldone and I my son was immediately comfortable with him. He is pleasant, knowledgeable, understanding and easy to talk to. He answered every question and never made my son feel rushed. He performed my son's surgery and we were very comfortable leaving him in Dr. Smaldone's hands. He did everything possible to make the surgery smooth and his concern for my son was genuine which is greatly appreciated. During our follow up visits he is pleasant, informative, easy going and a pleasure to have as a physician. Our daughter is now a patient of his for Urologic problems and I would recommend Dr. Smaldone to anyone. I teach in the field and worked in the field for years so I am aware of how rare it is to find such a doctor. I am glad Dr. Smaldone is there to get us through this. He is invaluable. Thank you!!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Marc C. Smaldone's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)