Ratings for Dr. S Shivakumar

Dr. Shivakumar closed my file and has left me going cold turkey on 300mg seraquel a day as well as 20 mg daily of cipralex. He closed my file on account of missing two appoitments. What kind of psychiatrist knowlingly lets a bi-polar, depressive, anxiety person relying on these drugs for over a year go without warning with absoltely nothing. Over the next several months I will go through nausea, headchaes, insonmnia worse than Ive ever had an who knows whaqt else. Ive heard from more than one person m life wil be next to awful.. I hope you can sleep at night dr shivakumar.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Lacks people skills and authentic caring for his patients. Poor attention to critical detail. Lacks knowledge in suicide prevention. Rushes through assessment of patients. Discharges too early.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

The doctor is involved with the Early Onset Psychosis program, a mental health program from the hospital, which is staffed by excellent and supportive professionals. If your young adult experiences psychosis, I suggest you try to get them in this program. Obviously from south-east Asia, but trained & practiced in England. He knows his stuff, seems reasonably accessible after patient emergencies, good listener and communicator and, to my experience, has been effective in helping us. All these guys are too busy and "in demand", but we have not felt rushed by Dr. Sivakumar.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

Very helpful and knowledgeable psychiatrist. I am so grateful to be a patient of his. Keep doing what you are doing, Dr. Shivakumar. Sudbury needs more psychiatrists like you. He pretty well saved my life when I was suffering from severe depression and anxiety issues. Recommended to anyone in Sudbury.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013