Ratings for Dr. Uma Penmetsa

Dr. Petmetsa is an excellent doctor. She is extremely warm and friendly and offers good advice. I had very heavy periods due to uterine fibroids and Dr. Penmetsa believed my only recourse was a hysterectomy. My particular fibroids were embedded in the uterine wall, making it imposible to remove them. I was reluctant to have a hysterectomy even though I was done having children. She tried other approaches to address my problem, but nothing worked. Finally I relented and had a partial hysterectomy. (My ovaries remained). She did the surgery robotically, so my recovery time was quick. I cannot believe I put this surgery off for so long. It was the best thing I ever did! My 11 day extremely heavy periods were a thing of the past. I cannot thank her enough for encouraging me to get that surgery!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

Hmm. Dr.Uma is currently my OBGYN and I think she is a caring and wonderful doctor. I have had dealing with another doctor at the office and she was very rude and arrogant. I have had 2 successful pregnancie with Dr.Uma after having 2 miscarriages. I would recommend her to anyone. She has always given excellent advice on all my health issues and they were all resolved. She is very knowledgeable and is always looking out for the best of your health. She would never advice qiuck fixes to medical issues she would try to get to the root of the problem. She is from a different culture and she relates extremely well with other morals and ethnic backgrounds. I think she is a wonderful person and doctor. Kudos to Dr.Uma

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

She was THE WORST possible person to have deliver my son. I called her at 1pm to report contractions and told me to "go ahead and drive to the hospital, i'll meet you there". We waited for over an hour for her to arrive at the hospital and when the attending finally did call her, she flat out said "I wasn't planning on coming because I didn't think she was really in labor"!!! On her drive to the hospital she made a call requesting that they "hold" my epidural, meaning NOT give me one. Luckily, I had my mother there to go over her head and find a doctor in charge of the OB floor that night at Strong. After 14 hours of labor, with her being present for about a total of 20 minutes (LITERALLY - she had nurses doing the internal exams), it was time to push. During that, I got another "helpful hint" from her -- "don't yell". Thanks. I don't think she's ever had children. WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

She is a good doctor, but I've always needed to wait a long time at my appointments. I've found that she is quite caring and gave me excellent advice on both the birth of both of my children and on birth control options for moms.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2009

she is the worst doctor i have ever seen. she doesn't have the basic manners to deal with a patient. she keeps on forgetting the patients conditions and everytime have to be reminded everything. also she doesnt follow up on the tests she asked to do... ahe is a really bad doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2008

Dr. Penmetsa attended my first birth. I was unhappy with extremely uncomfortable internals, including an attempt at manually dilating me without asking first, cord traction, and stitching my tear without waiting for the anesthetic to kick in. Very unhappy with the care I received on a lot of levels; those were just the biggest standouts.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2007

My first (and only) time seeing her was the most uncomfortable internal exam I've had. She asked me the same questions repeatedly and wasn't very helpful when I had questions for her. The office staff that I've dealt with were all very nice, but perhaps it would be better to see a different doctor at that office.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2007

Dr. Uma Penmetsa's Credentials

• Gandhi Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Ap, India (Grad. 1987)