Ratings for Dr. Michael Chater

Dr. Chater was treating me for chronic nosebleeds. He cauterized my nose but did it too far back where numbing medicine was not used causing extreme pain. I'm fairly certain that he fractured my nose in the process of digging around with his tools because I heard a loud crack. I left but was in so much pain that I had to go back and I was waiting for over half an hour in excruciating pain while I could overhear him having a casual friendly chat with some nurses. Will not be going back.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

This is going to sound strange. But I am giving full marks for Dr. Chater not treating me. I went to see him about my snoring problem. He was great at giving several options and very clear with what the results may or may not be. His honesty was refreshing and I felt he took my problems to heart. Some doctors I've seen, push there own agenda and professional needs. Dr. Chater helped me find what fits with me. In the end it was some minor lifestyle changes. No surgery or medical treatments. If, however, they are ever needed in his field, he'll be the first I go to see. Thanks doc.... My wife thanks you too

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I am actually from out of town but happened to be staying in Toronto for a while. I needed to see an ENT for my sinus problems. Not only did Dr Chater seem very interested to really understand my symptoms he also did a great job explaining his findings to me. Since following his advice I have improved tremendously. He really is a caring doctor and if you suffer from sinus troubles you should go see him.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Dr Chater helped me with my hearing loss. He did a procedure that got rid of the fluid that was causing me to not hear properly. It was amazing, my hearing returned to normal right away. He was a very gentle and thorough doctor. I highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Very genuine, helpful and knowledgeable. He was about 15 mins late to start but I felt he did take his time with me and wasn't trying to rush me through the door

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Dr. Chater was very thorough and helpful. He really helped me with my sinus problems and helped me understand my disease better. I have been to ENTs before but he was the first one to really improve my symptoms. I was very happy with his service and would recommend him to anyone having sinus problems.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Chater. He was late for my appointment, which was the very first appointment slot of the morning. He was very rough with what should have been a routine exam and procedure. While suturing, he literally pulled me with him as he reached for something on the nearby table. He had a terrible bed-side manner, and would interrupt as I was asking questions. He also didn't provide me with enough information regarding my procedure, potential complications, healing process and time, signs of infection, etc., then was unavailable for follow-up contact at the number provided.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2014