Ratings for Dr. Stephen K. Milroy

Dr Milroy is the best dermatologist. He is wonderful. He reminds me of a teddy bear.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2008

He saw me within 45 minutes when I called about having shingles. He and his staff stayed after hours to help me, I was in misery. No other doctor I know cares so much about his patients, and he IS the best dermatologist in the state.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2008

He may be nice, but TRUST me, he needs to retire.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2006

I saw this dermatologist twenty years ago. He diagnosed four separate skin problems and it all turned out to be something else! He wrote four separate prescriptions, none of which helped my problem. Dr. Parsons is by far Charleston's best dermatologist!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2006

Dr. Milroy is THE best at dermatology in this state. He is the nicest, kindest, most knowledgable doctor I have met in my 63 years. It is true he is hard to get an appointment with, due to his skills and reputation. It is true your visit make take longer than you expect, because he doesn't hurry with anyone and seriously sick people such as cancer patients are given priority. That is the way I want my doctor to be. It is kind of a catch 22 for a good doctor. People complain if they are rushed in and out during their visit and they also complain if the doctor takes too long to get to them. I personally do not mind waiting and getting a very thorough exam. I noticed in several of the previous ratings that they remarked he wasn't clear about explaining things. Nothing could be further from the truth. He explains everything in detail. You have to take time to listen.

Submitted October 13, 2005

Dr. Milroy needs to retire. From what I heard at one time, he use to be the best dermatologist in the area. When you go to his office for an appointment, make sure you have nothing to do the rest of the day. You will be in the waiting room 2+ hours before even getting called back, then you wait another 45 minutes to an hour before you even see him. I ended up changing doctors because of this.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2005

Nice guy but didn't take a medical history & that worries me. Also takes forever to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2004

Dr. Stephen K. Milroy's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

GHI