You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ben Waldau

I recently had spine surgery performed by Dr. Ben Waldau. Dr. Waldau explained in detail what I could expect from the operation, the recovery process and the potential side effects. I am thrilled with the results. His staff was very helpful, the hospital personnel were out standing. I highly recommend Dr. Waldau and U.C. Davis for their excellent care. Lynda Gibson

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr Waldau is a top skilled neurosurgeon based on my personal experience. His continuous experience and research to address aneurysm by using latest technology medical advancements is incredible... I was diagnosed with 2 aneurysms (1 on each side of my head, behind the eye) and he looked for best procedure he could use for the size and position of my aneurysms (they were 8 and 10 in size)...He let me have the final decision after having sharing with me, father and husband all details on my problem, best procedure for my case and risks... He was very thorough and careful on how we proceeded with the surgery.. To avoid risks he did one at a time at different times. He monitored my case very closely since the recovery time until 6 months later that he ensured both aneurysms were gone. Appart from his medical skills, he possesses a great personality and gives you great confidence that you will be fine if you let him treat you... He is an angel and has saved my life... I highly recommend Dr Waldau for any aneurysm related issues... there is no need to go out and look around for best neurosurgeons in this field. He is it. Thank you Dr Waldau!!!! - Rocio

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Waited almost an hour only to be told that my films "looked normal" and I should probably just change my diet. Months later I had to go to Stanford for treatment as my conditioned worsened tremendously and was told the problem was obvious on my scans.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

He had no idea what to do with me. It probably would have helped if he had been more through with reviewing my medical history.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

He didn't do any assessment and he asked me so many questions that were on my doctors note. He clearly did not do his homework. Such a big dissapointment.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Dr. Waldau is a skilled surgeon and as well considers the patient's overall health and condition in treatment and recovery. He treated my husband's very complex aneurysm with a wonderful outcome.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

Dr. Ben Waldau, was a HORRIBLE DOCTOR I have a progressive disorder called Syringomyelia, and he OBVIOUSLY has NO CLUE about it. i needed to be seen asap because my health is getting worse, he was no help at all! he spent more time about doing "surgeries to relieve neck pressure" and intently staring at my breasts than helping me. he had no compassion, no sympathy, and was a complete disappointment. i would never refer someone to have a consultation with dr waldau. EVER! i left the spine center in tears and no answers. worst doctor i have ever seen!!!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2014

My local hospital sent me to UCD Davis Med Center in September because of a brain aneurysm. Dr Waldau was my doctor. I can not say enough about him. The care he gave me in the hospital along with explaining everything to my wife and I was phenomenal. I have never had a doctor who has taken so much time to be thorough and go through the options. . My follow up care has been excellent. We had a very close friend who also had a brain aneurysm and had different doctors. Her level of care was no where near the care I received from Dr Waldau. Everyone at the hospital commented on his knowledge and professionalism. I'm very lucky to be alive and I attribute a lot of that to Dr. Waldau.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I wanted to make a comment in regards to Dr Ben Waldau. I had a 7.9 aneurysm located behind my right eye. I went to see Dr Waldau at the Spine Center affiliated with UCDavis, located in Sacramento. His bed side manner was absolutely wonderful. He gave me some options for me to think about. He never rushed me into surgery, that was my final decision. He explained everything to me. Sometimes twice if I did not understand, Dr Waldau is very patient and also very caring. He understands how women are about there hair and don't want it shaved. He did a hair line incision with me. This procedure took 8 hours. IT was a success in every way.He came to the hospital every day I was there. He wanted to make sure everything was OK. He smiled at me which warmed my heart. My husband was waiting this entire time and Dr Waldau made sure he was informed along the way. If you want a Surgeon who is a genius and will go the extra mile, you need to see Dr Waldau. He is the BEST!Thank You Dr Waldau, Merrilyn

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

Dr. Ben Waldau's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had spine surgery performed by Dr. Ben Waldau. Dr. Waldau explained in detail what I could expect from the operation, the recovery process and the po..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Waldau is a top skilled neurosurgeon based on my personal experience. His continuous experience and research to address aneurysm by using latest technology..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Waited almost an hour only to be told that my films "looked normal" and I should probably just change my diet. Months later I had to go to Stanford for treatmen..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Incredible Dr! He's very conservative in his prognosis where as of he doesn't believe in a better outcome, he won't suggest surgery. Very nice and personable!"

September 22, 2014