Ratings for Dr. Akhil M. Chhatre

My experiences with Dr. Chhatre have been very positive. I opted to go to pain management to avoid surgery. I don't expect to live pain free, have had severe reactions to all oral and some topical pain medicines, and prefer to take an active roll in my health care. Dr. Chhatre reviewed my records, allergies and reaction, and had a thorough conversation regarding the same before suggesting a compounded topical pain reliever that I use. This is the first pain medicine I've tolerated in 25-30 years. I am happy with the care and encouragement I receive from him and his staff. I would recommend my family and friends to Dr. Chhatre without equivocations.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

I waited in the exam room for over an hour after a 15 minute wait beyond my appt time. PA was rushed and Dr did not seem to have the info I had provided to the PA. I finally went out in the hall to get a pen to work on a crossword and saw a doctor and NP. Moments later they came in. I felt generally rushed, yet both spent time and answered my questions, including looking at my MRI together. NP tried to help find more convenient PT with McKenzie Method expertise. We never discussed the proximate cause of my pain, a stumble /fall. Going back for epidural for sciatica, and looking for PT in insurance coverage with the right expertise. Waiting time was a big negative. Consultation was fine.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr Chhatre is quiet, polite, concerned. a good listener, knowledgeable of his field and colleagues both in and outside of Hopkins. He is also a patient advocate. He has a sense of humor. Hebis also quick to say whatbhe does not know and refer which is can be more important than what he does know. He is thorough in exam and history taking time to study a patient's record.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

To the above poster, i did not have the same experience as you but certainly some of the points you make resonate quite clearly with me in my experience with Dr. Chhatre. I'm not one to post on websites but I was so disappointed today I had to look. To you and any future poster I think it would be more beneficial if you emailed something similar to the President of Johns Hopkins so he understands what going on. I believe his name is Ron Peterson and his email is rpeters@jhmi.edu. Make your words count!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Dr was more interested in texting on his large gold cased smartphone than spending time with me, the patient. He never discussed what the results of my tests were, he only ordered more tests for me. I really can not rate his knowledge base because he never explained anything to me. The last visit I went to I waited over an hour only to be seen by a different DR and as I was walking into my appointment with the stand in physician Dr Chhatre was walking behind me looking like he was leaving for the day. He did come into the room but had not read my chart and had no idea why I was there in the first place, which was to get the results of my EMG. I found out from the other Dr that I should have had a nerve study test done as well as the EMG. When Dr Chhatre did the EMG test he stuck something into my back, hit a nerve and that caused me unbelievable pain in my back that has gone on for about a month... I will not allow this doctor to touch me ever again! His response to that was sorry that I caused you discomfort... This process has dragged on for well over two months, meanwhile I can't feel my left foot and now my back is killing me any time I try to lie down! So now I am looking for a new DR. What a waste of time and energy. Dr Chhatre needs to learn some communications skills, give time to listen and talk to his patients, and to get off the phone. I think he has forgotten who has the insurance that pays his salary. I am never going back to him or his clinic. The staff at the front dest are rude. I had always heard good things about the Hopkins Spinal Center. Highly overrated. I will take my money and pain elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. Akhil M. Chhatre's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Kansas City, School Of Medicine (Grad. 2008)