Ratings for Dr. Ana M. Benitez Prieto

Dr. Benitez is over all a very good Dr. She's very understanding and attentive. I came in the day before I went into labor complaining of pain and my baby was having arrythmias. She reffered me to a specialist but told me to come back if pain worsens. The day after, I came to L&D complaining of intense pain, and the nurse had said I was 1 cm dialated. Dr. Benetiz did not come in and see me, she just prescribed me to wear my maternity belt. I went home, came back at 10 am complaining of such intense pain, and the Dr. on shift said I was 5 cm dialated, when he broke my water, I had a lot of blood in the amniotic fluid and had to have an emergency c-section. Turned out my placenta had become detached before my baby was born. If it were not for the Dr on shift paying attention to me, I would have lost my baby. I just did not appreciate her not seeing me and prescribing me to wear my maternity belt without diagnosing that that was the problem.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014