Ratings for Dr. Steven J. Hess

Doctor Hess has operated on my neck twice. I consider him an awesome Dr. I think more doctors should be like him, he is into the detail he's on top of things. I just can't say enough I travel an hour just to get there. I was told by my neurologist he was the best and I believe it. Thank you Dr. Hess

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

He was a great brain tumor surgeon for my oct. 2016.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Never felt more blown off from a doctor than this one. Does not even see his patients. If he has a don't give a sh_t attitude he surely shows it by not even coming in the room.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Very helpful and friendly,had lower back surgery in 2013,excellent job,looks like I May have to have another surgery before long,if at all possible it will be Dr.Hess doing it

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Last year, my husband was having a great deal of trouble walking and as time went on, I noticed he began to shuffle. Thru his regular MD, he was referred to a neurosurgeon named Arkin who advised him that he had a pulled hamstring. Months later he was increasingly getting worse (as was the pain) so it was obvious it was more serious than a hamstring. By the grace of God we eventually ended up at Dr. Hess's office and he immediately diagnosed the problem as stenosis. Immediately! He recommended surgery which he performed a few weeks after the initial visit and it's seriously like a miracle. Not only is Dr. Hess a genius, he's got a wonderful bedside manner and an equally wonderful sense of humor. I'm not one to leave reviews but if ever a person deserves it, it's Dr. Hess. He has literally changed our lives for the better. MUCH better. We will always be grateful and sincerely thank him from the bottom of our hearts.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Waiting for a check up appt. for over an hour and a half is UNACCEPTABLE.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

have had 2 lower back operations. Both surgeries went well. i am now looking at a operation on my cervical. He may be curt or whatever. I am not there to play games, but to have myself fixed. I don't care if he has a poor bedside manner, just as long he does a good job on my spine.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

So far, I'm not impressed with Dr. Hess' Overland Park office! I was here ON TIME like they asked and after 45 minutes.. Still not in to see anyone! Wondering if I should leave!!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Dr. Hess was very helpful and the sugery went great. Thanks!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

I had cervical fusion in March 2011. The staff was very efficient and organized. Dr. Hess does not have the best bed-side manner but he is very competant and skilled. His assistant does most of the patient contact and is very friendly and knowledgable. My neck issue was resolved.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

Dr. Steven J. Hess's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Olathe, KS