Ratings for Dr. David Pillinger

Good Endocrinologist, he is easy to work with and still very attentive to my needs.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

I went to Dr. Pillinger because I found him on this site. I too thought that because he was young he would be open to new thyroid research. He just listened when I asked him about supplement other than Synthoid, had no opinion and very poor bedside manner, which is very important. I needed medicine but he left town without prescribing medication. I had to go back to pcp to get medication. Will not go back to him.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Very knowledgable, thorough, compassionate, willing to look at all aspects of my other health to see what is going on.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

I really like Dr. Pillinger and I think he is a very compassionate doctor. I've been a diabetic (type 1) for more than 10 years, I'm overweight and I have advanced thyroid cancer that spread to both lungs. He is the right doctor for me and I've seen many endocrinologists, he is certainly one of the best! I'm so glad I've found Dr. Pillinger. The only negative thing would be office staff, particularly triage, which hopefully will be improved. The after hours nurses are great however and I've used them on several occasions. Dr. Pillinger is great at returning emails promptly and he has answered all my questions. I feel that is a a compassionate and caring person that truly cares about his patients!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

Dr. Pillinger was kind, listened carefully and carefully went over my past records from my previous doctor who retired. He was knowledgeable and explained things to me clearly and in such a way that inspired confidence. A recent negative experience with a doctor in my new hometown prompted me to return to the practice where Dr. Pillinger works. Having seen him now I feel relieved that I now have a doctor who cares and knows how to treat me for thyroid cancer.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

I saw Dr. Pillinger while he was in residency, about a thyroid issue. He listened to my symptoms, believed me, and helped me. If he was still at a local hospital system I would definitely continue seeing him. He is young - he introduced himself as David, which made me more comfortable. He seemed up to date with the new studies.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr.Pillenger is very professional with a pleasant demeanor. He answered all my questions and gave me an outline of the plan of treatment that would be best for my situation. His explanations and recommendations were helpful and I look forward to working with him in the future.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

Very polite and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend to others.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I saw Dr. Pillinger in regards to a suspected thyroid issue. He is young, so I thought he'd be familiar with new research. When I broached this, I felt like I was shut down dismissively. I was told my symptoms "are vague and could be anything." I also felt like he was a humorless and a little condescending, and to me, bedside manner matters. I do feel like I was putting him out when I asked questions. Overally, I would say he is okay, but I won't be returning to him.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

Dr. David Pillinger's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)