Ratings for Dr. Scott T. Mcknight

Excellent work. I, like many of you delayed and put off surgery as long as I could. Once I decided that there was no other option but to complete the surgery Dr McKnight was so confident. I offered him a very challenging case. One that started robotically and because of the nature of my sickness he moved to hand laparoscopy. Seven hours later he wrapped up the work. I am 3 weeks post op and feel SO much better. I do not like going to Dr.s but he made the experience tolerable. Hospital staff ALL of them like working with him. This may the hospital stay pleasant. I wouldn't choose to be sick again but if I had to I would for sure use Dr. Scott McKnight again.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Met GI Dr. Janecki introduced me to Dr. McKnight as the Hail Mary during a UC flare up that led to an unfortunate extended stay in the hospital and ultimately a Colectomy. Met him on Thursday, emergency surgery on Friday. Dr. Mac made sure we (my family and I) were well informed every step of the way. I went into surgery confident and hopeful, came out hours later with an unbelievable amount of support from his team for the duration of my hospital stay and months after. He made sure I was not discharged until every resource possible was in place and I was confident and comfortable with my new life. Surgery was his last option as he worked closely with my GI to find alternatives that would afford me the best lifestyle possible with my condition. Even after my discharge, Dr. Mac still tries to achieve the best results with minimal evasion and gives me a chance to do my research before committing to surgery, treatment, and his medical expertise. I don't need the time because I trust his expertise, but it is nice to know that he respects my position knowing how overwhelming this entire process is for me. Not looking forward to the long road ahead, but it's nice to know I'm traveling my journey with the best team in Houston/Katy, Dr's Janecki and Dr. McKnight. I didn't get the tummy tuck package deal I requested but Dr. Mac rolled out the red carpet in helping to fix me. If I had to do this all over again, I wouldn't change a thing, except maybe my procrastination for tending to my health, otherwise, I can't sing enough praises about my dream team. There's Dr.s who just do their jobs, and then there's Dr's Janecki and Dr. McKnight. whose staff is just as amazing as they are.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I have been dealing with a colon disease for the past six-seven years, which lead me to Dr. McKnight. I have seen a hand full of other GI specialists who could not lift my confidence in there diagnosis. Some would say that I did not fit the criteria for Diverticulitis and another opted for surgery off the back without any information on the options I was facing. So, I dealt with the condition since my first episode until I could not longer deal with popping pills and dealing with the PAIN! I was referred to another doctor at first, but that doctor was no longer affiliated with the clinic. That call lead me to Dr. McKnight. I guess you can call it faith that I had him as my doctor and surgeon. He listened to my experiences, examined my MRI and Cat scan. He provided me with the information and answered questions if I decided on surgery. Hearing as how I have been dealing with the condition for the past years, he strongly recommended that surgery be the best decision as his best professional advice. So, after thinking it over we decided on surgery. I am very happy to say that I am now 3 weeks post-op and feel over 100% better than I was two months ago. During the surgery, I took longer than expected and my wife was pleased with the updates during the waiting. We had no knowledge of Dr. McKnight and during her wait, she researched him and found that he was one of the top colon and rectal surgeons. I can seat here and tell that he is and recommend him as your next colon & rectal surgeon. His staff was courteous and professional. The wait time was a bit long but what do you expect when you live in a city with over 2 million. The good reviews live up to the expectations when you visit Dr. McKnight at either his Gessner or Katy clinics. I had the pleasure of his both clinics and had surgery at Memorial City Hermann Memorial Hospital. On both sides, the staff members were excellent and attended to every need during my stay.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. McKnight did a colon reduction for me and used the most advanced robotic surgical equipment at Memorial Hermann hospital in Katy, TX. From the first meeting he was informative and clearly explained what the issues were and what needed to be done and why. A very good communicator. The operation went seamlessly and I recovered in a short amount of time. Gastrointestinal issues are difficult but Dr. McKnight made the experience as good as it could have been. If you need a great surgeon, I do not hesitate in naming Dr. McKnight.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016