Ratings for Dr. Scott T. Mcknight

Muy contenta de haber encontrado al Dr. McKnight es una excelente persona y cirujano. Desde el momento de mi primera consulta para su opinion de operacion de diverticulos fue muy honesto y contesto todas mis preguntas me dio mucha confianza. Por esta razon decidi operarme. Todo fue un exito. Su personal excelente ha estado monitoreando mi recuperacion

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

I struggled with misdiagnosed/mistreated intestinal pain and digestive issues for the better part of a year, ultimately resulting in a visit to a urologist who diagnosed a colovesical fistula and referred me to Dr. McKnight. This was far and above the most unpleasant malady I had encountered in my life, and I was pretty desperate for relief. Dr. McKnight took the time to thoroughly explain the condition and the required surgical treatment along with associated risks. I appreciated his frankness and clarity, I am a detail person and needed the reassurance he provided. His answers to my questions were always clear and straightforward...I believe I knew what to expect. He confirmed my condition via a colonoscopy as complicated sigmoid diverticulitis and colovesical fistula and was able to arrange surgery without delay (much appreciated). The procedure and recovery have been very much as Dr. McKnight described and recovery progress, while a little bumpy, has been steady. I am enormously indebted to Dr. McKnight and his assistant surgeon Dr. Emily Groves as well as my referring urologist, Dr. Paul Smith for taking such good care of me when I needed it so badly.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

Needed a fistula treated and found NOTHING but horror stories online - I was genuinely scared and uncomfortable with the idea of having to sustain pain for the rest of my life. Dr. Mcknight was an absolute pleasure to deal with. He was straight forward, upfront, and clear in his thought process and plan. He did EXACTLY what he said he would. After going through a seton, and then a fistulotomy, i am pain free, fistula free - and finally - back on track for my life. I cannot tell you how grateful i am for his dedication and genuine care. I appreciate his time, and I value his dedication. Dont think twice if you have anything related to THAT part of your body. He is your guy.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

The most significant medical experience of my life turned out to be among the most successful due in no small measure to the sheer excellence of Dr. Scott McKnight. I had to have a colon resection to remove a polyp (yes, he also does colonoscopies—get yours done now!) and he used state of the art robotics which produced minimal, minor incisions. I was walking that night, out of the hospital in two days and almost felt like I could have gone back to work on the third. Obviously no two patients can be guaranteed the same result but in my case it is virtually impossible to imagine how the surgery and recovery could have gone better. Thank you, Dr. McKnight! Five stars are not enough. Your search ends here.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

I had diverticulitis for many years and put off surgery because I was to afraid of what to expect afterwards. It got to the point I had to. (Too many painful episodes) I don't write reviews but I felt I had to to share my experience with Dr. McKnight. You will not find a better, caring, qualified doctor! I know there shouldn't be such a thing as a wonderful surgery experience but I did have it under his care. I just wished I had done it sooner! You won't be disappointed!!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Dr. Mcknight is an excellent doctor and surgeon. He took the time to listen, answer all my questions and explain what to expect in an easy to understand manner. The two surgeries he has performed on me went off with no issues and no pain on the surgical sites other than a little soreness. I would highly recommend Dr. McKnight.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Excellent work. I, like many of you delayed and put off surgery as long as I could. Once I decided that there was no other option but to complete the surgery Dr McKnight was so confident. I offered him a very challenging case. One that started robotically and because of the nature of my sickness he moved to hand laparoscopy. Seven hours later he wrapped up the work. I am 3 weeks post op and feel SO much better. I do not like going to Dr.s but he made the experience tolerable. Hospital staff ALL of them like working with him. This may the hospital stay pleasant. I wouldn't choose to be sick again but if I had to I would for sure use Dr. Scott McKnight again.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Met GI Dr. Janecki introduced me to Dr. McKnight as the Hail Mary during a UC flare up that led to an unfortunate extended stay in the hospital and ultimately a Colectomy. Met him on Thursday, emergency surgery on Friday. Dr. Mac made sure we (my family and I) were well informed every step of the way. I went into surgery confident and hopeful, came out hours later with an unbelievable amount of support from his team for the duration of my hospital stay and months after. He made sure I was not discharged until every resource possible was in place and I was confident and comfortable with my new life. Surgery was his last option as he worked closely with my GI to find alternatives that would afford me the best lifestyle possible with my condition. Even after my discharge, Dr. Mac still tries to achieve the best results with minimal evasion and gives me a chance to do my research before committing to surgery, treatment, and his medical expertise. I don't need the time because I trust his expertise, but it is nice to know that he respects my position knowing how overwhelming this entire process is for me. Not looking forward to the long road ahead, but it's nice to know I'm traveling my journey with the best team in Houston/Katy, Dr's Janecki and Dr. McKnight. I didn't get the tummy tuck package deal I requested but Dr. Mac rolled out the red carpet in helping to fix me. If I had to do this all over again, I wouldn't change a thing, except maybe my procrastination for tending to my health, otherwise, I can't sing enough praises about my dream team. There's Dr.s who just do their jobs, and then there's Dr's Janecki and Dr. McKnight. whose staff is just as amazing as they are.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I have been dealing with a colon disease for the past six-seven years, which lead me to Dr. McKnight. I have seen a hand full of other GI specialists who could not lift my confidence in there diagnosis. Some would say that I did not fit the criteria for Diverticulitis and another opted for surgery off the back without any information on the options I was facing. So, I dealt with the condition since my first episode until I could not longer deal with popping pills and dealing with the PAIN! I was referred to another doctor at first, but that doctor was no longer affiliated with the clinic. That call lead me to Dr. McKnight. I guess you can call it faith that I had him as my doctor and surgeon. He listened to my experiences, examined my MRI and Cat scan. He provided me with the information and answered questions if I decided on surgery. Hearing as how I have been dealing with the condition for the past years, he strongly recommended that surgery be the best decision as his best professional advice. So, after thinking it over we decided on surgery. I am very happy to say that I am now 3 weeks post-op and feel over 100% better than I was two months ago. During the surgery, I took longer than expected and my wife was pleased with the updates during the waiting. We had no knowledge of Dr. McKnight and during her wait, she researched him and found that he was one of the top colon and rectal surgeons. I can seat here and tell that he is and recommend him as your next colon & rectal surgeon. His staff was courteous and professional. The wait time was a bit long but what do you expect when you live in a city with over 2 million. The good reviews live up to the expectations when you visit Dr. McKnight at either his Gessner or Katy clinics. I had the pleasure of his both clinics and had surgery at Memorial City Hermann Memorial Hospital. On both sides, the staff members were excellent and attended to every need during my stay.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. McKnight did a colon reduction for me and used the most advanced robotic surgical equipment at Memorial Hermann hospital in Katy, TX. From the first meeting he was informative and clearly explained what the issues were and what needed to be done and why. A very good communicator. The operation went seamlessly and I recovered in a short amount of time. Gastrointestinal issues are difficult but Dr. McKnight made the experience as good as it could have been. If you need a great surgeon, I do not hesitate in naming Dr. McKnight.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016