Ratings for Dr. Matthew J. Marano

Dr. Marano is great, but staff in incredibly rude. Be prepared to be in the office for at least 3 hours, sometimes more. Staff speaks at you instead of to you, no one introduces themselves, No one explains anything, exams are done and doctors runs right out of the room before you can ask any questions. Dr. Marano is a great, he did my Lasik surgery

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Terrible office very unconsiderate. Excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

The staff is very unorganized. No one wears ID NOR do they introduce themselves. The techs do all the testing must is not checked by the MD

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

We have been patients of Morano Eye Care for 15 years. The doctors and staff were fantastic at the Roseland location. We noticed a huge change for the worst since the move to Livingston. The front desk staff very rude and unprofessional. Several visits front desk busy talking amongst themselves. There is no request for insurance card or co payment. In addition I have been told more than once by the woman answering the phone to call back because they are too busy. The prior staff was great. In addition what a disaster in the Optometrist department. No one returns your call. Lenses are not marked left and right. I ordered one brand of lenses and received something different. The individual can never find the lenses or chart. Would not recommend. Absolutely no stars for the Optometrist nor eye dr.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

Have used dr Mariano's services for over 15 years and have had experienced no problems whatever. Two cataract surgeries with absolute satisfaction

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Worst doctor office possible. Unprofessional desk staff. Not computerized scheduling. You never see doctor marano there only unprofessional residents or mds that he hires. They are total unprepared to answer questins. Leave you there in examination room and forget. Don't find time to talk or explain anything to you. Worst a them is a tall female doct who I never got her name because she didnt introduce herself. She was chewing gum and popping it on my face while examining me. I saw dr marano only once for 3 min or less on first visit. He never spoke. Worst possible office to go to.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr.Marano does not take the time to explain anything, nor does he answer any questions you ask, either he dosen't know the answer or just wants to get you out as soon as possible. His whole staff is like a production like a production line. In my case I really don't think he knows how to solve my problem. Needless to say I am very upset

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

This doctor routinely keeps patients in the waiting room, as confirmed by his own staff MANY times over, for an hour or more. He "shows up" at the office "around 1:00pm," again as defined by the staff. But they schedule 1:00pm visits for days when he arrives after 1:30. Expect to wait over an hour before being seen by anyone. Various staff will come and go in your exam room; none of them will identify themselves or their role. None of them wear a badge, so it may be a tech, another doctor or the cable guy; you won't know. Dr. Marano may be a skilled surgeon, but if it can't be cured by a knife he's really not interested. His view is entirely surgical. He did not consider nor did he explain the potential issues with my multifocal lens, still not working 12 weeks post-op. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND this doctor or this office.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

LOVE THIS DOC:)!!!!! He's now top doc 6 years in a row!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2011

Dr. Marano has been my eye doctor for over 20 years. He has always surgically removed small cysts from the insides of my eyes that wouldn't go away on their own. I have always been seen by him on time and he always made the procedure almost painless. I find him to be an excellent eye doctor and he even wears a cool watch that the eye looks so real and it opens and closes when he moves his wrist (Way Cool)! I have never experienced any long waits and his staff members are very friendly. I wouldn't trust my eyes with anyone else!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

Dr. Matthew J. Marano's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Livingston, NJ