Ratings for Dr. Derek MacDonald

Dr MacDonald calls you at home. My kids love his jokes and enjoy going to see him. His staff is very nice and seem genuinely interested in you.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I see Derek MacDonald for all my dental work. He placed a 3/4 crown in my mouth. He was gentle, yet thorough and provided top notch work. I wouldn't let anyone else work in my mouth as I am very critical and picky. Thanks Derek.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Seen Dr. McDonald and was not happy with his work. He is a very mediocre dentist who up charges tremendously and will take all the money in your benefits and charge you for unneeded work. He seen my benefits were amazing and decided to do unneeded unnecessary work. Had multiple issues with my teeth after he was done. Turns out he drilled my teeth so badly that he caused three root canal's. X-rays before the worked on my teeth showed no signs of a root canal needed. people say he is an amazing dentist and is also highly recommended which was shocking because his poor quality work. If I could give one word of advice is to stay away from Dr. McDonald.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Have been seeing Dr. Macdonald for 6 years and highly recommend him and his staff. Go here if you want to be treated with courtesy and respect by his staff members. Not only are they knowledgable and professional but they ensure that you are made to feel comfortable and that your experience is positive. Dr. Macdonald has a very gentle approach and provides you with good feedback in terms of your requirements . It is so nice to go to a dentist who you know is not ." Fleecing you" . He outlines your options and you make your own decisions without pressure.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr. MacDonald is very good with children, takes his time to explain and answer any questions. As for Staff-need some more customer service experience. Be carefull-they like overcharge.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Great office. Great Staff. Had my first visit today and will be referring family and friends.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

We were referred to Dr. MacDonald through a family friend. In our home city our doctor wanted us to pay $1000 to do the procedure under anesthetic. It did not make any sense to us since it was a multiple tooth extraction. Dr. MacDonald did it what might now be the "old fashioned way" with the laughing gas and saved us the $1000 that insurance would not have covered. Don't know for sure but felt like the prior dentist wanted us to pay for unneeded procedures. Dr. MacDonald was only interested in providing the service and cost we needed. Child had no ill effects and after only 2 days was back to his active self.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I've had nothing but great service from Dr MacDonald's office. The staff is always professional and friendly and they are all great with my kids. I also love the message chairs.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Best dentist I have ever been to. He is so great with kids.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

AMAZING! Beautiful office, quality staff and unbeatable service. My kids have high anxiety getting dental work done. I switched offices because Dr.MacDonald was recommended. He delivered in every way. Very gentle and patient. My kids are less stressed and actually look forward to going. I am very pleased with the work that has been done on me as well. They go the extra mile to make we are comfortable and taken care of. Best dentist ever!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Dr. Derek MacDonald's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Top Hospitals in Sherwood Park, AB