Ratings for Dr. Daria Nowak

Something needs to change at this clinic as it is difficult trying to book an appointment with Dr. Novak and when you do, it's many weeks later! I went to the walk-in-clinic the past two visits aa I couldn't get an appointment until 4 weeks later! This is ridiculous. What's the point?? Dr. Novak is away certain days of the week, or the office is closed certain afternoons, which is even more frustrating. She's on vacation now, and it looks like she's off for a month and not returning until mid-September!! Everyone is entitled to vacation but why not have another doctor cover while she's away? Is this not allowed? With regards to the secretary, Amanda does return my phone calls and has been good about this and does her best to help me but Sheila (nurse) is out of the office often so tough to leave a voicemail for her. I think that there are too many patients for one doctor to see. If would help to have another doctor at the clinic especially when wait times are nearing over 45 minutes.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

Dr Nowak herself is great and helpful. Amanda her staff does not return calls. No idea of their hours but it changes weekly. Some days only in the office 1-2 days and she states any voicemail left AFTER closing will not be returned. She might as well say that any voice mail will be NOT BE RETURNED. EVERY SINGLE TIME I GO TO THE PHARMACY TO GET MY RX IT WAS NEVER FAXED! Hire someone competent to run your office.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

Getting a little tired of the Dr. Pang and Dr. Nowak gong show that is taking place in Courtice. During the summer (2017) I was dealing with a severe tear in my shoulder. I am not inclined to go to a doctor so I waited for it to heal, but it did not, so I book an appointment and after much struggle getting through the best they would do is 6 WEEKS later. That is bad. Now for the very first time in my life (48) I passed out cold, not once, but three times on Saturday night (Jan/18).....of course my whole family is worried as am I so I call to book an appointment and the best they will do is 4 weeks later. That is unacceptable customer service for my tax dollars. Where is the oversight on these practices? If I die, I am requesting my family to take this practice to court for failure to adhere to medical principles.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Edit for my January 26/18 post: *I can't remember the LAST time that I saw Dr. Nowak. *I have wasted a lot of time driving to the pharmacy only to learn that the refill WASN'T faxed over.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

It is VERY difficult trying to connect with anyone at this office and trying to book an appointment. Good luck trying to get them when they are actually in the office as they seem to be closed many days throughout the week!! It's ridiculous. I called one day and they were closed from Wednesday until the following Wednesday! I just called a few minutes ago to try and book an appointment and they are CLOSED!! Seriously??! This is the worst medical clinic that I have been to and dealt with. I can't remember the long time that I even saw Dr. Nowak as during my last visit, the resident doctor came in for my visit, which I did not appreciate. I booked an appointment with Dr. Nowak, not a resident. The other issue is getting the secretary to return messages or submitting refills to your pharmacy. Good luck. I have wasted a lot of time driving to the pharmacy only to learn that the refill was faxed over! Ugh... I think it's time to look for a new doctor and staff who show more care and concern for their patients.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr. Nowak is an amazing doctor and i couldnt be more happy with the care my son and I have received from her. On the other hand her student doctor is a complete nightmare!!! I have serious mental health issues and after having to see this "doctor" in training I have left the office feeling irritated and frustrated. I don't remember signing up to deal with this idiot and I feel as though people should have a choice whether they meet with their chosen family doctor or the student. Also it is impossible to get through to the office by phone and they have ridiculous wait times for appointments. If I have to continue to see the resident doctor I will be looking for a different physician.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling frustrated and annoyed with this doctor and her staff! It's difficult trying to get an appointment. Usually there is a 3 week wait or longer! When I finally got my appointment I waited close to 45 minutes to see the doctor but instead had the intern visit with me, which I wasn't expecting. Also, there are days or afternoons when the office is closed! : ( I don't get it. I have considered trying alternative medicine due to my frustration with the current medical system, the accessibility and availability of the doctor. There are still certain things that I want to see my family doctor for but how can I if she's hardly available and it's so difficult trying to get an appointment with her!?

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I agree with many of the other posters who have been frustrated with the service, wait times and punctuality at Dr. Nowak's office. It is difficult trying to book an appointment unless you do it in person, appointment times are almost a month wait, waiting times between the waiting room and doctor's office can be up to 40-50 minutes with no apologies! My daughter deals with mental illness and has had a hard time adjusting to the unpleasant side effects of the Prozac including weight gain. She was always athletic and in good shape but has noticed that since taking the medication, she has gained a lot of weight. Dr. Nowak insists that she continue with the medication and to exercise more as everyone responds different to AD's. I feel like Dr. Nowak is not really listening to my daughter's concerns as the weight gain just makes her feel more depressed and unmotivated. I did some research on Prozac and learned that it is one of the worst AD's for causing weight gain! Being a doctor, you would think that Dr. Nowak would know this instead of telling my daughter to exercise more! My daughter was in great shape as she belonged to the gym and participated in but has not been participating in school sports as she feels very self conscious. My family and I haven't been a patient for very long but finally decided, enough is enough. I am looking for a new family doctor who takes the time to listen, is punctual and is more compassionate and understanding when it comes to mental health, and also listens to the patient instead of treating them like a guinea pig.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Dr. Novak seems more interested in training new Drs than treating her patients. My Mum has been waiting 6 months for a diagnosis. Documents given directly to her receptionist was lost. These documents were to get a specific medication to help my Mum's pain. Has not received the script for the medication at this point. Dr. Novak requested some tests for my Mum and even 5 weeks later, we were not able to get results. Dr. Novak does not seem to as concerned with My Mum's condition and the fact that she is in pain. She does not seem to have time or care for seniors. She is more concerned with her practice and teaching than patients. We have now left the practice and would recommend anyone who has a parent or senior that you are caring for to leave the practice

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Seriously...find a new receptionist. She's brutal!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017