Ratings for Dr. Daria Nowak

Dr. Nowak is an amazing doctor and i couldnt be more happy with the care my son and I have received from her. On the other hand her student doctor is a complete nightmare!!! I have serious mental health issues and after having to see this "doctor" in training I have left the office feeling irritated and frustrated. I don't remember signing up to deal with this idiot and I feel as though people should have a choice whether they meet with their chosen family doctor or the student. Also it is impossible to get through to the office by phone and they have ridiculous wait times for appointments. If I have to continue to see the resident doctor I will be looking for a different physician.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling frustrated and annoyed with this doctor and her staff! It's difficult trying to get an appointment. Usually there is a 3 week wait or longer! When I finally got my appointment I waited close to 45 minutes to see the doctor but instead had the intern visit with me, which I wasn't expecting. Also, there are days or afternoons when the office is closed! : ( I don't get it. I have considered trying alternative medicine due to my frustration with the current medical system, the accessibility and availability of the doctor. There are still certain things that I want to see my family doctor for but how can I if she's hardly available and it's so difficult trying to get an appointment with her!?

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I agree with many of the other posters who have been frustrated with the service, wait times and punctuality at Dr. Nowak's office. It is difficult trying to book an appointment unless you do it in person, appointment times are almost a month wait, waiting times between the waiting room and doctor's office can be up to 40-50 minutes with no apologies! My daughter deals with mental illness and has had a hard time adjusting to the unpleasant side effects of the Prozac including weight gain. She was always athletic and in good shape but has noticed that since taking the medication, she has gained a lot of weight. Dr. Nowak insists that she continue with the medication and to exercise more as everyone responds different to AD's. I feel like Dr. Nowak is not really listening to my daughter's concerns as the weight gain just makes her feel more depressed and unmotivated. I did some research on Prozac and learned that it is one of the worst AD's for causing weight gain! Being a doctor, you would think that Dr. Nowak would know this instead of telling my daughter to exercise more! My daughter was in great shape as she belonged to the gym and participated in but has not been participating in school sports as she feels very self conscious. My family and I haven't been a patient for very long but finally decided, enough is enough. I am looking for a new family doctor who takes the time to listen, is punctual and is more compassionate and understanding when it comes to mental health, and also listens to the patient instead of treating them like a guinea pig.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Dr. Novak seems more interested in training new Drs than treating her patients. My Mum has been waiting 6 months for a diagnosis. Documents given directly to her receptionist was lost. These documents were to get a specific medication to help my Mum's pain. Has not received the script for the medication at this point. Dr. Novak requested some tests for my Mum and even 5 weeks later, we were not able to get results. Dr. Novak does not seem to as concerned with My Mum's condition and the fact that she is in pain. She does not seem to have time or care for seniors. She is more concerned with her practice and teaching than patients. We have now left the practice and would recommend anyone who has a parent or senior that you are caring for to leave the practice

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Seriously...find a new receptionist. She's brutal!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Have been a patient of Dr. Nowak for may years now, I am very pleased with her have been ill for about a year now and Dr.Nowak has sent me to several specialists, she truly cares about her patients and takes the time to listen . I agree with the previous posts about the receptionist she never returns calls have to wait a day or two to get a call back, my daughter is now also a patient of Dr.Nowak and she says the same about Amanda there are times where I have to call several times a day even occasionally if I am in the area I would stop in just to find out my test results or if I can book a appt....

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Nowak is very friendly and makes you feel comfortable. She cares and really wants to help you. However, I rarely see Dr. Nowak anymore as there is a young resident doctor that seems to have taken over her duties. I don't find her to be as friendly or comfortable to speak to, and she comes across as being condescending. It's very difficult to get through to anyone to book an appointment or to try to get in soon. Often times you can't even leave a message as the secretarys won't retrieve them. Wait times are ridiculous. I have waited almost 50 minutes to see someone! If I can, I go to urgent care rather than wait 2-3 weeks to get an appointment with Dr. Nowak, who may not even be available, in which case I would need to meet with the resident doctor, who I am not keen about.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

It has been years since I've received such excellent care. I am very thankful that Dr. Nowak took me on as a patient when I moved here. She listens to you and genuinely cares about your health and well being. I wish all doctors were as amazing as her. The staff is very friendly and I know how busy offices can get - my calls are always returned and Amanda is always very polite.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

The doctor herself is great. She listens and is very good with myself and my children. Her nurse is equally as good. Her receptionist never answers the phone. NEVER, which makes it impossible to make an appointment. There have even been times where the voicemail has said don't leave a message as your calls will not be returned. So not only does she not answer the phone but you can't leave a message either since it'll be deleted, unanswered or ignored. Doctor is great her receptionist not so much.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Nowak is very friendly and makes you feel very comfortable discussing issues. She listens attentively to you. She is very thorough in her examination and very caring. A real pleasure to have as my doctor.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016