Dr. Alexander Wong

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Alexander Wong

Best Doctor I have ever had (and I have had quite a few). He made sure I understood everything I needed to know. He discussed all options with my and he always listened to what I had to say. He co-ordinated extensively with the other Doctors involved in my case. He went above and beyond the call of duty. The staff was great; friendly, courteous, helpful and knowledgable. Thanks, Dr. Wong!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

I was diagnosed with a pretty advanced bacterial blood infection at the end of may. Dr. Wong followed up with me and the situation very thoroughly and made a fairly speedy full recovery. Needless to say he saved my life i would reccomend his expertise to anyone in need

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Dr. Wong is wonderful and the best Doctor we could have seen. He is intelligent, knowledgeable and through with everything he did. I would recommend Dr. Wong to anyone needing his expertise. He was easy to talk to and gave you his full attention when he was with you. He came highly recommended from people I worked with as well. A great approach to patients and their family. Thank you for everything!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Dr.Wong not only a great doctor but also wonderful person. He is very caring and extremely intelligent . From the time we walk in the door we feel so confident we were in right place now. He made all correct calls on short notice and proved to be top notch professional Under his care my wife was treated . He doesn't just see patients- he sees the people . Dr Alexander Wong is highly recommended Doctor .Thank so much

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Very knowledgeable, love his wry humour. Always listens intently and gives it to you straight. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Omg he and he's whole staff r amazing absolutely love them ❤

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Doctor Wong and his staff are awesome. from the first day that I was referred to doctor Wong's office I felt that they really cared about me. Doctor Wong reviewed my case history and was frank with what could be done with my case. However within a week Doctor Wong gave me the best news that I could hope for. Throughout the process Doctors Wong's office was diligent with reminders and updates to help me along with my treatment, and ensure that I stay on track. As well they were always available for any concerns that I might have. I can not say enough about doctor Wong. He is a truly caring man and he has given me the best gift that I could get. Thank you for everything Doctor Wong,

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I was very impressed with Dr. Wong and his staff. I went to my family doctor after a prolonged illness. He was unsure of what my problem was and placed a call to Dr. Wong. Within half an hour I was meeting with Dr. Wong who examined me and sent me directly for blood work. He also set up an ultra sound which I had within a couple of days. He followed up very quickly with the results of all tests. Over the next few weeks he gave me diagnostic options to explore, always giving his recommendations but never pressuring me. I found him to always be accessible and genuinely interested in my well being. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Dr Wong helped me when two hospital stays and many meds had failed. I am so very grateful for his knowledge and caring attitude.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr. Wong is a true professional whose knowledge and expertise reach far beyond his specialty. He took time to really listen to our loved one's concerns and worked with him to come up with a care plan which included the proper referrals. He treats his patients as "whole" people, not merely the illness or issues they may have. Dr. Wong ensures that his patients and their families are kept informed and that they understand their plan. He is a brilliant physician who really cares! We fully trust that his decisions and recommendations are in the best interest of his patients. Thankyou Dr. Wong.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Dr. Alexander Wong's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Alexander Wong is an infectious diseases specialist in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. He has a large outpatient practice located in the Infectious Diseases Clinic at the Regina General Hospital. His clinical focuses include HIV and viral hepatitis including hepatitis B and hepatitis C, and all general infectious diseases. He works with a dedicated multidisciplinary team including nurses, pharmacists, social workers, and dieticians. He prides himself on providing high-quality, respectful, patient-centered care. He also is extensively involved in research activities including clinical trials and cohort studies in patients with HIV and viral hepatitis, and collaborates nationally and internationally on many such studies to help drive the research agenda locally in the province of Saskatchewan.

• English

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2005)
  • University of Alberta (Grad. 2010)

• HIV/AIDS