Ratings for Dr. Alexander Wong

Dr.Wong not only a great doctor but also wonderful person. He is very caring and extremely intelligent . From the time we walk in the door we feel so confident we were in right place now. He made all correct calls on short notice and proved to be top notch professional Under his care my wife was treated . He doesn't just see patients- he sees the people . Dr Alexander Wong is highly recommended Doctor .Thank so much

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Very knowledgeable, love his wry humour. Always listens intently and gives it to you straight. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Omg he and he's whole staff r amazing absolutely love them ❤

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Doctor Wong and his staff are awesome. from the first day that I was referred to doctor Wong's office I felt that they really cared about me. Doctor Wong reviewed my case history and was frank with what could be done with my case. However within a week Doctor Wong gave me the best news that I could hope for. Throughout the process Doctors Wong's office was diligent with reminders and updates to help me along with my treatment, and ensure that I stay on track. As well they were always available for any concerns that I might have. I can not say enough about doctor Wong. He is a truly caring man and he has given me the best gift that I could get. Thank you for everything Doctor Wong,

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I was very impressed with Dr. Wong and his staff. I went to my family doctor after a prolonged illness. He was unsure of what my problem was and placed a call to Dr. Wong. Within half an hour I was meeting with Dr. Wong who examined me and sent me directly for blood work. He also set up an ultra sound which I had within a couple of days. He followed up very quickly with the results of all tests. Over the next few weeks he gave me diagnostic options to explore, always giving his recommendations but never pressuring me. I found him to always be accessible and genuinely interested in my well being. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Dr Wong helped me when two hospital stays and many meds had failed. I am so very grateful for his knowledge and caring attitude.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr. Wong is a true professional whose knowledge and expertise reach far beyond his specialty. He took time to really listen to our loved one's concerns and worked with him to come up with a care plan which included the proper referrals. He treats his patients as "whole" people, not merely the illness or issues they may have. Dr. Wong ensures that his patients and their families are kept informed and that they understand their plan. He is a brilliant physician who really cares! We fully trust that his decisions and recommendations are in the best interest of his patients. Thankyou Dr. Wong.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Dr. Wong and his staff were wonderful in listening to our concerns and predicament regarding my mother's recent medical procedures etc. Dr. Wong personally called me, later texted me re: diagnosis, what needed to be done and any future involvement that may be necessary. I was especially pleased with how he listened to my concerns regarding the special needs etc. that were required to assist with the diagnosis of my mother, found a creative way to meet those needs and organize a simple yet efficient and effective plan to carry this out without causing extra hardship and discomfort. He is empathetic and easy to talk to individual. Thanks so much.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

I was sick for a few months, in 2014 going in and out of the hospital with not much luck going to clinics and just getting different antibiotics when I became so Ill I was rushed into the hospital and that's when I met DR.WONG he was a caring dr who was right to the point and didn't beat around the bush. In 2015 I feel Ill again and went back into the hospital and Dr Wong once again he not only cared for me in the hospital but also once I was released from the hospital he called me in the evenings to keep informed of all my test results. When I needed questions answered or needed to get into see him the staff always did there best on getting me into see him. when I was not getting any better he admitted me back into the hospital and did all the necessary stuff to make me better, not only did he take excellent care of me he was very caring with my wife and making sure she understand everything that was going on. Dr Wong then referred me to another amazing doctor. Dr Mustupha for my Heart surgery. If it wasn't for Dr Wong and his knowledge and the following up care he gave I wouldn't be here today. Thanks you so much Dr Wong.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I was sick for 2 months before going to my family doctor. He then referred me to a stomach specialist. It turned out it wasn't my stomach and he then referred me to Dr. Wong. He came to see me quickly and assured me I would be okay. With antibiotics and a drainage tube I was well enough to come home. Dr. Wong followed up and made sure I was progressing well. My last visit was last week and the antibiotics were discontinued. He did leave me with a warning that if I started to feel like I was, not to wait that long before seeing a doctor. I just have to give him a call. Dr. Wong is very pleasant and professional. He even has a wonderful sense of humor. If I ever start feeling sick like that again, I would not hesitate to give him a call. His staff is also professional and friendly. Thank you Dr. Wong for your wonderful care.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

Dr. Alexander Wong's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Alexander Wong is an infectious diseases specialist in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. He has a large outpatient practice located in the Infectious Diseases Clinic at the Regina General Hospital. His clinical focuses include HIV and viral hepatitis including hepatitis B and hepatitis C, and all general infectious diseases. He works with a dedicated multidisciplinary team including nurses, pharmacists, social workers, and dieticians. He prides himself on providing high-quality, respectful, patient-centered care. He also is extensively involved in research activities including clinical trials and cohort studies in patients with HIV and viral hepatitis, and collaborates nationally and internationally on many such studies to help drive the research agenda locally in the province of Saskatchewan.

• English

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2005)
  • University of Alberta (Grad. 2010)

• HIV/AIDS