Ratings for Dr. Art Piercy

I have been with Dr. Piercy for over 40 yrs now and he has accommodated me on many of my concerns the whole time! You have to give and take sometimes and every proceedure won’t be perfect every time; I have a lot positive experiences with Dr. Piercy and I have also had a few unfavourable experiences but not necessarily due to his work! Probabaly because of my own lack of tooth care. Anyway I have trusted him for many years and it will be tough to find a replacement when he does retire.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2018

I had a implant put in and I have had problems with it ever since Piercy put the implant in. I ended up pulling it out of my mouth myself. Another co-worker also had a implant put in by Piercy. It ended up being infected and having to be removed. If you are looking for a dentist, do not go to him. He should retire as he does not seem to know what he is doing.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

This guy is totally negligent. Should be suspended. Screwed up both daughters for life. STAY AWAY!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Tried out this dental office as I moved to the area and wanted a dentist who was closer. Google rated the clinic highly so I figured I would try them out. Staff and hygienist were great and very nice, but Dr. Piercys interaction with the hygienist was extremely rude and unprofessional. I had never met him before and the second sentence out of his mouth in front of me to the hygienist was "well you guys are always bitching and complaining that you're not ready for me". I was totally appalled and I could tell the hygienist was uncomfortable as well but did her best to stay composed. He never acknowledged me or introduced himself and his hostility towards the hygienist continued throughout my exam. The poor hygienist apologized for his behavior after he left when really he should have been apologizing! Dental work is a very large investment so if you're going to fill a dentists pockets it might as well be to someone who is professional and shows some degree of customer service. Based on the other reviews and what I have read, Dr Piercy has been doing this for a very long time. Maybe it's time for him to retire and take a backseat at the clinic. Let the dentists who know how to be professional, work with the patients.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Simply the best! Totally professional, yet with a great sense of humor, and he is surrounded by an amazing support staff.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

dealt with Dr Piercy years ago for our whole family. everything started great until i asked some very legitimate questions regarding my sons procedures. He took offense, rude and very ignorant. said he was the professional not me. i filed a complaint with the dental association and they ruled in my favor and made him pay back money for orthodontic services he had performed way beyond his abilities

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

As a sr, I have had many dental procedures done over the years including 2 bridges, impacted wisdom teeth, crowns, & several root canals.I went to Dr.Piercey to have a molar removed. Dr. Piercey removed the tooth, but he had trouble freezing the tooth completely, but finally did it OK.I had much pain for this extraction and had 2 prescriptions filled for strong pain killers.About 10 days later, I went to see Dr.P for a follow-up appt.He was rude, told me I was making a "bigger thing out of this".How would he know what pain I was feeling!Then he went to check the tooth to see if there was any food lodged & he poked my tongue with his sharp pick.When I glared at him he asked me what was wrong.He wasn't even aware& when I told him,he said my tongue moved.It is a basic dental procedure to hold the tongue aside with another instrument, but he blamed the patient.Then he said I wasn't sitting in the chair properly, I needed "to be in his world".Rude, unprofessional.Don't go to this grouch.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2013

One of the best dentists that's ever treated me. He and his Staff are excellent and he bills you insurance company automatically which is helpful.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012