Ratings for Dr. Steven Adelman

Worst doctor I have ever been to I was hurt in a truck accident and have been having serious problems with my memory, he dismissed my symptoms and told me my memory loss is due to pain in my body and had nothing to due with my head injury, very rude, disrespectful,and basically made me feel like he had no care for my well being at all. This guy needs his medical license revoked he don't care about the patient he only cares about his wallet getting fatter. Please take my advice do not give this man your services he does not care for you or what your going through. Its just a paycheck to him very very cold person

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Adelman couldn't explain to me why we would choose one medication over another. He was half way out the door the minute that we sat down and didn't want to spend the time to discuss options. I'm questioning whether he knows his field or not. I brought up research that I did related to the Adenosine A1 Receptor and how my current epilepsy medication affects it negatively and causes sleep problems and he had no clue what I was talking about.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. Adelman has been treating me for about 20 years. I've never had any of the issues these other people describe, which is why I'm even posting here. He's always answered my questions and been respectful, on time and helped me with my problems.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

My sister was referred to Dr. Adelman by the ER for her migraines that have caused blindness, vomiting, dizziness and fainting spells. He was very dismissive and summed up her problems as being normal for tall, thin women. If you care about your health or the health of a loved one, stay away from this neurologist.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

I saw Adelman for 3 yrs for migraines & kept getting new scripts that didn't work, told to avoid my triggers, etc. Each office visit I would wait for up to an hour past my scheduled time, just to meet with him for 5 minutes, every 6 months. He was a boisterous narcissist every time. For one massive migraine my hubby took me there instead of ER, figuring since he treated me for them it would take less time than ER, & he wanted doc to witness my migraines firsthand. At first, the staff refused, until hubby said the doc would see me or get sued for malpractice. Doc gave me same drugs as ER, then berated me for coming to him, saying he treated the condition but not on an emergency basis. Hubby ordered me that day to get another doc. Another neuro, after just 1 visit, found my migraines were caused by sleep apnea and fibromyalgia. I now have both under control, and went from having 1-2 migraines a week, to just ONE migraine, TOTAL, in the last 2 years. And NO MORE MIGRAINE MEDS!!!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

Dr. Adelman is the worst jerk of a doctor I have ever seen. I had similar experiences to other raters; he kept me waiting almost an hour, acted like I should be honored that he graced me with his presence, and my visit was completely unhelpful. He basically told me I was making up my symptoms and that I should just live with it. He was condescending and would not listen to anything I said. I would recommend that any patients considering seeing him stay far, far away and see absolutely anyone else. We do not go to doctors because we feel well and should not be made to feel crazy because he doesn't know what's wrong. He even told me "it's not my fault you don't feel good." HORRIBLE! I did report him to the clinic manager, who was very understanding and listened to my complaints so she could take them to the overseeing board.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

I tried asking how differant medicines would or how they would interact, he just told me ask my family Doc & walked out. He acted like he was a God & I should bow down to his greatness. I would recommend him due his terrible beside manners.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

I love Dr. Adelman, who has treated my migraines for many years. He works with me on my treatment, always returns my calls and is willing to listen to me when I have my bi-annual appointments. I wouldn't give him up for the world.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2009

This guy is a real jerk. Worst doctor I've ever seen. I actually called to complain & cancel any future appointments as well as tests with him. He flat out called me a liar about my problems, called my primary health physician and told him I was a liar while I was sitting there, and then prescribed a medicine for me that was over 250 dollars. He also decided to get a group outside my door and make fun of me loud enough for me to hear. I had a nurse call back to say that they were all laughing about a friend of hers who just had a stroke, real funny. This place is absolutely ridiculous. You couldn't pay me to ever go back there. He is a complete joke. I've never had such an awful experience with a doctor, I saw a chiropractor the same day who noticed there was a swelling in my upper back/lower neck the size of a softball and found out I had scoliosis. Nice of Dr. Adelman not to even notice.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

He made me feel like I should be honored to have him look at me; what little he did. He basically blew my pain off as stress. I had never been happier, except for starting to lose strength in my limbs and falling down. I wanted to see another doctor, however, Mercy refused. I guess they have a policy that once you see one of their doctor's that's the one you stay with. It took me two years to find a specialist that would look at me, outside of Mercy. And I am so thankful to the new specialist who believes me and is working with me. I would NEVER want anyone to have to go through what I did, with Dr. Adelman. Steer clear!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Dr. Steven Adelman's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1977)