Dr. Grigory Karmy

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Grigory Karmy

Dr. Karmy is a very kind and compassionate doctor who is very knowledgable about chronic pain. He and his staff go over and above to welcome and treat patients. I saw Dr. Karmy last fall regarding a very painful shoulder issue that had plagued me for 8 months. In just two sessions, and having some pain and cortisone injections my shoulder problem was gone. Shortly after I developed a debilitating hip problem and have been basically bedridden and on pain killers for months. Once again, doctor Karmy was able to do some pain block injections which helped immensley to block my excruciating pain that started in my hip, radiated into my groin and down the front of my thigh. For those worrying about any discomfort from the injections, no need to worry. I literally felt nothing. Results from the injections may vary from patient to patient depending on their pain issues, but in my case both times I have been treated by Dr. Karmy I was able to get much relief. If you have a chronic pain issue I highly recommend Dr. Gregory Karmy. I went to the Brampton clinic and found the front desk staff to be very caring and personable which made the visit so much more pleasant. This clinic really exceeded my expectations.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

So far the actual treatments I have received are fine, but the experience of going to the Bathurst clinic is awful. The waiting room is tiny, cramped and hot, and there are often not enough chairs for the many people waiting, most of whom are older and all of whom are presumably in pain. There is a blood pressure machine in the waiting room that beeps very loudly about 5 times a minute whether or not it is in use. They take your vitals in the waiting room in front of the other patients, which I find very uncomfortable. Presumably this is to save time, but it doesn't seem to be working since they have been 2-3 hours late every time I have gone in and do not provide accurate info about the wait time. All this makes visiting the clinic incredibly stressful, especially for anyone with chronic pain or migraines. Dr. Karmy seems to mostly know what he is doing when it comes to actual treatments, but the patient experience here is horrible. I would not recommend this clinic unless you have no other options.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

I have received epidural injections due to L5/S1 nerve impingement. As he states upfront, sometimes it works, sometimes not. He does not use flouroscopy, however, I don't know of any pain specialist that does other than hospitals. He performs the injections through the coccyx bones, which is painful, however if you are like me, this is a mere "pinch" in comparison to the pain in your back. He only performs cortisone injections once every 3 months. In the waiting room his patients rave about him (for migraines/fibromyalgia, etc). His demeanor is quiet and reserved, and I am very happy to have been referred to him. He has 3 locations, Bathurst/Steeles, Brampton (Queen/Hwy 10) and Mississauga. So if you are looking for an alternative pain treatment to opioids, this would be one to try. His staff is friendly and accommodating. If I don't have not had an appointment, but they have always managed to squeeze me in. He's pretty much always on time. Thanks Dr. Karmy!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013