Ratings for Dr. William D. Adams

Dr. Adams has very little bedside manner. He interrupted me and seemed rushed. He was tough while removing my stitches and acted put out when I called after my surgery with a question about bleeding.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2018

I have never posted a review before but felt compelled to do so based on the prior comments. I sought out these reviews because I was concerned about a perception of disorganization and communication issues with the office staff but was hoping to find I was overreacting. Bottom line, I believe Dr. Adams is likely a wonderful surgeon..his credentials are fantastic..and he speaks to you like a person, not a number. However he is only one person and even the best physician needs a supportive, competent, & organized office staff to ensure the safety and comfort of patients. It's a shame. I don't even blame the staff per se as they probably have a lot to do. However I am afraid it will take a surgical error for someone to pick up on the need for more help here . IMHO, he needs a nurse or at least a medical assistant.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

I would echo the other commenters who have said the office staff is a problem. Their incompetence is worrisome for patients, most of whom are stressed out by finding out they may have or do have cancer. have not experienced rudeness to this point, but they lose things, faxes of medical records and orders they send don't go through and they don't confirm receipt on the other end, and they are generally unhelpful. He seems like a fine surgeon and a caring doctor, but his staff really detracts from his practice.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

DR. Adams has been treating me for several years. He is professional, knowledgeable, caring. he always called me immediatly after my results. His staff has always been very helpful

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Having been treated by another "specialist", I was eager to find someone who could be sensitive to my situation, proficient in their skills and be able to have a conversation with about the situation rather than be talked down to. Dr. Adams is all of this. He is proactive, but not cut happy. A very kind and gentle man. The staff.... leads alot to be desired and lost ALL of my images. (I hear there is a black whole in the back of the office.) None-the-less, he is worth the frustration of his staff. I feel well cared for and know that he treates me as he would a family member.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

I had a biopsy by Dr. Adams and was told the margins were not clean so I needed to go back right away for second surgery. I was told it was DCIS stage 0. Had he removed a bit more at the site, the second surgery would not have been needed. Dr. Adams removed a Lymph node and to this day (3yrs later) I have pain in the back of my armpit from this surgery. He was nice but a bit harsh when removing the stitches (pretty painful) and when I asked for something to numb it he said it took too long and not worth it. Not worth it to who? The staff was sometimes very nice and other times pretty rude. Don't thinK I would use him again.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Dr. Williams took care of my 15 year old daughter. She had a lump in her breast and was was very scared. He made her feel very comfortable and he was very professional. Removed the lump with minimal scarring. Would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

the staff is the most unfriendly uncaring people i ever met in a doctors office doctor adams is an excellent doctor it is too bad he will be losing patients because of his staff

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

The office environment was terrible. The women in the office were extremely rude and unfriendly. Not willing to work with you and really didnt know what they were doing regarding insurance matters. I definately would not recommend this office to anyone

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

Dr. Adams was very informative and patient with me. He explained in detail what would happen during the surgery, what to expect during recovery, exactly how the surgery would be done, pointed out on the film what would be removed and how, etc. I was very pleased with Dr. Adams and would definitely refer him to friends and family if needed. I've had too many doctors in the past that made me feel like I was being rushed through the appointments and was more like a "number" to them rather than a "person" with concerns and fears. Dr. Adams could definitely teach a class on how to treat a patient.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Dr. William D. Adams's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1989)

Coventry Healthcare