Ratings for Dr. Tony MacLean

Dr. MacLean is an excellent surgeon. He did my colorectal surgery in 2008 and has since done my colonoscopies. When I had questions before the surgery he called me and answered all my questions. He came highly recommended to me and when I told him that I only wanted him to do the surgery (he was scheduled to go on holidays in a few weeks and was booked up for surgeries) he fit me in. You really feel that he cares about you. I would highly recommend him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2019

I was referred to Dr. MacLean because I had a fissure, I was diagnosed by my GP and my physiatrist. It was healing so I didn't understand why things had become so much more severe painwise and that I was no longer to get up and sit in my wheelchair. This had been going on for the past year and five months as of June. I had been bedridden for a month or two when I saw Dr. MacLean. At the appointment he told me that I had no fissure. He did a colorectal scope and showed me that internally I was terribly inflamed and that there was a lot of trauma due to my bowel routine. 'No wonder you can't sit in your wheelchair', he said, ' the pain must be terrible'. He prescribed me a cream to apply externally for the fissure 'that he said I didn't have or he didn't see, although I did show him pictures of the improvement over the past year or so. He prescribed me a cream to apply externally for the fissure (that he said he did not see). He had mentioned a medicated suppository that he could prescribe for the internal trauma as he called it. I saw it on the computer screen and it looked terrible. Anyhow, I never got a follow up appointment with him until I repeatedly called his nurse and then she gave me a phone call follow up with him. LOL. After that things just weren't improving internally. I spoke with his nurse several times and she would never put me through to him or give me an appointment, just pass on ridiculous messages like telling me to go back to my GP, the one you referred me to him because he didn't know what to do. She finally told me that he had already closed my file! He still hadn't prescribed me the medicated suppository nor any more of the cream for the external fissure! One of the messages that his nurse gave me from him was to go back to my GP and see if he could find any new medications that were out or think of anything to prescribe me. I couldn't believe it! My GP sent me to Dr. McGowan and Dr. McGowan sent me to Dr. MacLean because neither of them knew what to do. MacLean is supposed to be the specialist. His nurse said he was too busy with his cancer patients now! I am one of his patients or was. I am also a human being and my life has stopped because I have been bedridden and in excruciating pain for months upon months now . I guess I'm just not important enough to him or at least that's how he made me feel. He is a rotten horrible man and if I could have rated him and his staff with "0" I would have. Because I am a quadriplegic I have a shortened lifespan as it is. I cannot stress enough what a horrible man he is. He should not have the title doctor in front of his name!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2019

Amazing surgeon. I did not feel like just a number. Being diagnosed with Cancer and having this doctor take care of me, put my mind at ease, call my husband after surgery and called me personally a few weeks later to see how I was doing. Yes you wait to see him, but he is worth the wait and I appreciate his assistant Tracy for always answering my emails as I am sure I was a royal pain and she had patience with me.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2019

Dr. MacLean always took the time to answer all our questions.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2018

Dr. Maclean has saved my dads life two times now . He went above and beyond to make him life and function normally. His quality of life was important to Maclean and so we’re his beliefs . People may say what they want about bed side manner and such but I’m glad as is my dad that he was to the point and was there as his doctor not his friend and in saying that he was quite nice to us all . This man is a master at what he does . Thank you doctor Maclean . Grateful dw & mw

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

Had a colorectal surgery on Oct.25, 2011 performed by Dr. MacLean who saved my life. I am fine now. I am grateful to have a surgeon like him, skillful, knowledgeable, and caring. I could not have asked for a better doctor and would recommend to any of my friends or family.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Conscientious and skilled, saved my life from cancer almost 6 years. Thank you, Dr. A MacLean.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Saved my life from cancer. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here today.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Incredibly kind and competent surgeon. Would recommend to any of my friends or family.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

My worse experience with Dr tony McLean . Every thing went wrong with my surgery large colon removed had a septic shock multi organ failure at a young age no one took responsibility it damaged me for rest of my life . Still suffering up till this day. So sorry I choose him . Hope he learned some thing out of my case . night mere any time I see a Dr because of my bad experience, which I will live rest of my life.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016