Ratings for Dr. Kerri Tomy

I have been seeing Dr. Tomy for over 5 years and she has always been 100% real and a great psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

She should not be a child psychiatrist. Her office is sublet from another psychiatrist who treats adults. There is nobody monitoring the waiting room. The building she was in at the time is dark and intimidating for children. Sound carries through the walls and the office is a mess. It is not an environment that puts people, let alone children, at ease. Her commitment to her code of ethics is also suspect as she agreed to see my son without getting my consent prior to the meeting. Completely unprofessional. Find a better doctor with a proper office and staff.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. Tomy is a caring and knowledgeable psychiatrist. She understands children and their needs. Because of Dr. Tomy my granddaughter has made tremendous progress!! She was so gentle with her. I recommend Dr. Tomy to any parent who has a child with mental health problems. I am so thankful that you took the time to see us both; my son (also a psychiatrist) was very impressed with your commitment and knowledge in the field of child psychiatry. Unfortunately, my granddaughter moved back to Europe.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Beware...terrible experience! She wanted me to tell her what to do. Would never recommend her!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

We were fortunate to be referred to Dr.Tomy, by not just our family physician but by another psychiatrist who was unable to take on any other patients, and is one of the best adolescent psychiatrists in Winnipeg. To me that said a lot even before meeting her. Dr. Tomy does however have a lengthy wait to see her, but she has helped manage my daughters medication for depression in a very knowledgeable and comfortable way. My daughter really likes her which I believe is the most important step to dealing/coping with this disease. My daughter was struggling with the stigma of the diagnosis and Dr. Tomy has made her feel that there is nothing to be ashamed of.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

WOW! Best child and adolescent psychiatrist I have met and worked with. Thorough in assessment, skilled in communication, excellent treatment and down to earth. The best!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013