Ratings for Dr. Alan Tong

I felt very comfortable and safe, not rushed, answered my questions patiently and with empathy, I felt well looked after.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Dr Tong is too hard to get in contact with if you need emergency advice. I was 10 weeks into my first pregnancy when I found pink spotting. I called him immediately, but was told I had to make an appointment to see him, and the only next available was in 4 days. I didn't really know what to do, so I had to google (which was my only resort). I booked myself in for an ultrasound, which confirmed no heartbeat. I was devastated, and called Dr Tong again, but still he was unavailable. That night I was in intense pain and had to go to the public ER. I had miscarriaged. I once again called Dr Tong, but again no reply from him. Instead I got barked at, whether I wanted to keep my appointment or not. The morning I went to see him, reception came in...she told me that Dr Tong was too sick to come into work that day and that I had to understand that he is human too. I was so upset that I had him as my OB and received absolutely nothing from him during a hard period where you would need guidance and empathy. I'm sure he is very knowledgeable, but you firstly have to get past reception, then fit into his tight schedule. 2 days after my outburst to the receptionist I finally got a call from Dr Tong. By that point I had more faith in the public system, and had lost all trust in him and his team.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017