Ratings for Dr. Stephen Gilbert

I had a face lift with Dr Gilbert which dropped after three months, after the swelling went down. When I went back to Dr Gilbert, he agreed that the face lift had dropped and he offered to do a mid face lift surgery for me to correct the dropped face lift. Dr Gilbert's mid lift caused me nerve damage, the left side of my face dropped and my left eye would not stop watering. During my consultation with Dr Gilbert he said the nerve damage would correct itself after three to six months. He then said that the sutures that he had used in the mid lift were dissolving sutures and that they would dissolve after six months! So the mid lift that caused me the nerve damage lasted six months! It was very stressful trying to heal from the nerve damage that was caused by his surgery. I was frightened that my face would not recover, The cost of his face lift and the mid lift were $51,000.00 and I had a very disappointing scary result.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Mr. Stephen Gilbert is an experienced and highly regarded plastic surgeon operating in Auckland, New Zealand.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014