Ratings for Dr. Murray Allen

Dr. Allen is a true professional. I was very nervous before meeting him but he quickly put me at ease while explaining in detail of what I could expect during and after surgery. I was impressed with his confidence and expertise assuring my anxieties was in good hands. The surgery to remove a foreign object from my hand went very smooth and was performed in a timely manner. Dr. Allen, and his staff's acceptable level of humour made surgery very tolerable. Thank you very much, Dr Allen+staff

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Dr. Allen mutilated me. I went for a breast reduction. My breast were so large that the dr said he essentially completed an amputation as he had to removed so much breast tissue. He left me with breasts that were too small for my frame, and I came out of surgery with a condition called "bottoming out". Also, besides bottoming out (which can be a complication - one I was not warned about - and one that should not exist immediately following surgery!) My nipples were placed to high on my chest so they, more or less, rest on a flat chest and the rest of my breasts hang below (has bottomed out). I went for a follow up three months later to complain about the position of my nipples. He said that he could perform a revision but that is lose about 20% more of my size. I haven't gone back since and am hoping to one day get enough courage and that another cosmetic surgeon will fix his mess. In the meantime I'm left disfigured.

Submitted May 24, 2016

Dr. Murray Allen is horrible! He didn't communicate anything to me. He said "we are going to use your Back Fat to create your right breast" and never ever evaluated my back to see if I had enough fat and on the operating table he discovered I didn't have enough fat but he operated anyway and I woke up with NO BREAST! He insisted it was a breast. I have an incision down my back almost to my underwear and no breast. A surgery that should of never happened. Plus he operated on me while I was infected but he didn't test to see if I was which led me to a bigger infection and admitted to the hospital. He then got upset that I called patient advocacy and dismissed me as his client and said there are other surgeons you can see. He also sent me home with a years supply of Gabapentin *which is ilegal to do, he told me to try to wean myself out of them cause they are addictive. Told me I was healed and my open wound is healed and I didn't require any packing. That I can shower, etc. The home care nurses never received an order to not pack it. They kept packing 18 " of packing. For the next 4 months! Dr. Murray Allen is a bully and treats women like they are not important. He is the worst doctor I have encountered. He butchered me and I am still in pain to this day. He dismissed my husband too. Never greeted him when he attended one of the follow up appointments. He has terrible bedside manners. He is a bully! Never communicates anything.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Awesome on an interpersonal level; super clear about pros and cons of the various treatment options.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Compassionate and Professional Physician & a exceptional individual.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

An extremely competent surgeon. Excellent inter-personal skills and very caring.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014