Dr. Laila Ismail

Ratings for Dr. Laila Ismail

I've had experiences with her, both good and bad but the good outweighs the bad. As a younger mother, at first I felt she was pushy but I responded in an assertive manner and I've been shown nothing but respect ever since. We've been seeing her for about 3.5 years now and my experiences since she moved location have been much quicker than the trainyards location. I can understand why she's sometimes running late because she takes same day emergency appointments and they're emergency for a reason. I absolutely love her nurse and the receptionist. There have been times where she hasn't agreed with my opinion of my children but has humoured me and did what I asked, and in the end there were times she was right and times I was right, but she still listened enough to do what I asked. All in all, I'm happy with her as my children's doctor

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

I have also had very negative experiences with Dr Ismail. She discouraged me so much with breastfeeding my first, advise that was based on her opinions and not evidence based. I switched as soon as I could find another doctor. Would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

I am saddened to read all these negative comments. We've seen her a couple of times at the new Bank St. Location, once as emergency and was able to get an appointment the same day. She may not check all the boxes but she is available every week day, can see your child same day emergency and the wait isn't long at all. Perhaps we've had great luck. The receptionist and nurse are wonderful too.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

worst doctor ever. She's very rude and gave the wrong diagnosis that caused my daughter to end up in CHEO. can't believe they allow her to practice medicine.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Has always been great with my kids and they enjoy going to see her. Always listens to my concerns and if she has any doubts about a diagnoses will refer us to the experts in that particular field. Although she is often late that is the nature of seeing a doctor who takes on emergency, same day cases.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Although she sometimes does come accross as overconfident, we only had good experience with her. Who would want a doctor who is not confident? I am shock to read all the negative comments about her. The office always call us back. We were able to get same day appointments twice. That is the reason she is often late; she will see your kids if there is an emergency and bump the other appointments. She explained that to us at our first appointment with her. She always gives the right diagnosis. She is always friendly with us and our kids. I would give negative comments the benefit of doubt and book an appointment with her.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Worst pediatrician in Ottawa. let me put this simply. Avoid at all costs!!! She doesnt care about your child only cares about seeing as many patients as possible to rip off Ontario Health!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

I do not recommend Dr. Ismail. She makes you wait forever, she's doesn't listen, she's not helpful and always pushes you to make another appointment saying that she can't help you with your problem during the present appointment. It's a complete waist of time.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I've had really bad experiences with her. she makes you wait 45 minutes. She speds all her time walking around with her cell phone instead of attending to her patients.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I have had nothing but bad experiences with her. We have just changed pediatricians and the new office needs her paper work... they are still waiting on a call back with the fax number, and now we are going to have to pay a fee ( which I understand is a normal procedure) for having to leave this office due to a doctors incompetence and neglect to spend more then 5 minutes with my child. Dr Ismail would not even listen to what I have to say or discuss anything with me about my child. I am so happy to be rid of her, please save yourself the headache and find a different doctor.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Dr. Laila Ismail's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

MSP/BC Med