Ratings for Dr. Marius Hoogerboord

Had stomach and diaphram surgery done by Dr Hoogerboord four months ago. A laparoscopicToupee fundoplication. It could not have been better. Dr Hoogerboord is both knowledgeable and, judging by my results, an excellent surgeon. Patient with my questions; he always seemed to listen and respond thoughtfully. I had been living with stomach pain for probably twenty years, but it disappeared the day after the surgery, and I have not felt any stomach discomfort since. Miraculous. Am now off all medication. The small incisions for the laparoscopy healed quickly and without any problem. I wish him well and would strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

This Dr is by far has the worse demeanor. I have no quality of life as a single mom of 2. At the age of 37 left me with serous complications. Will not look at me again tell I have 35% of my body weight gone. Some days I can barely move.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

I had bowel surgery due to crohns in the fall of 2015 resulting in a colostomy. This was followed by reversal in the spring of 2016. Dr. Hoogerboord was my surgeon. He is very skilled and well regarded by all the staff. More than that ,he is extremely considerate and responsive . He always made himself available to answer my questions and address my concerns. He is an excellent communicater and is patient focused. I always felt that my well being was very important to him. He was kind and personable with my daughter and partner. Because my disease was very advanced there were a lot of complications. Dr. Hoogerboord brought me through all of that and I am very grateful for his skill, commitment and his sincerity and demeanor. Juanita his secretary was very responsive and kind throughout as well Stephen Smith

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Excellent surgeon and excellent bedside manner. Very caring surgeon

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I'll admit it, I was a little nervous. One never knows how a surgery can turn out whether it be minor, or major. I had questions; they were answered promptly and efficiently by his Admin. The surgery day arrived and went as described. From the initial appointment to the after surgery chat, the Dr's questions and bedside manner clearly demonstrated why he became a surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr Hoogerboord is a very humble, brilliant, caring and attentive surgeon. He makes every effort to accomplish the least invasive option for his patents. This surgeon receives top marks for being great at what he does. Thank you!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr. Hoover boor do operated on me 6 weeks ago. An unbelievable amazing doctor who does wonders when u are ill. He is very truthful and to the point and that's what we need as patients. His staff is also amazing including Juanita, his assistant. They are truly compassionate people and my HERO!! Thank you! Lillian Morris, Halifax, Nova Scotia

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Have read some of the other reviews and am surprised. Frankly I found him very good. Went out of his way to answer my questions, and did not try to force my decisions. In a surgeon, I will go for skill and knowledge over personality every time, but in this case I did not have to choose. I rate him highly.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

3 weeks after delivering my son, I was admitted to hospital for an emergency laparascopic gallbladder removal. Dr. Hoogerboard himself came to get me before my surgery and asked if I had any questions. I was quite emotional as my hormones were still crazy post-baby delivery. Numerous times he asked if I was ok and if there was anything I could do. At my post-surgical check up with my family doctor, she commented that everything looked great and she couldn't have done a better suture job herself.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Has zero personality, so if you are looking for a conversation or any type of human interaction ...this is the wrong person for you. Sometimes he just stares blankly at you when questions are asked ,not sure if he does not know the answer or can't be bothered to answer . Surgically , many complications post-op from my personal experience. Wanted many times to get another consult from a different surgeon because I did not feel confident in the care he delivered or decisions made.

Submitted February 11, 2016