Ratings for Dr. Marius Hoogerboord

I'll admit it, I was a little nervous. One never knows how a surgery can turn out whether it be minor, or major. I had questions; they were answered promptly and efficiently by his Admin. The surgery day arrived and went as described. From the initial appointment to the after surgery chat, the Dr's questions and bedside manner clearly demonstrated why he became a surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr Hoogerboord is a very humble, brilliant, caring and attentive surgeon. He makes every effort to accomplish the least invasive option for his patents. This surgeon receives top marks for being great at what he does. Thank you!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr. Hoover boor do operated on me 6 weeks ago. An unbelievable amazing doctor who does wonders when u are ill. He is very truthful and to the point and that's what we need as patients. His staff is also amazing including Juanita, his assistant. They are truly compassionate people and my HERO!! Thank you! Lillian Morris, Halifax, Nova Scotia

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Have read some of the other reviews and am surprised. Frankly I found him very good. Went out of his way to answer my questions, and did not try to force my decisions. In a surgeon, I will go for skill and knowledge over personality every time, but in this case I did not have to choose. I rate him highly.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

3 weeks after delivering my son, I was admitted to hospital for an emergency laparascopic gallbladder removal. Dr. Hoogerboard himself came to get me before my surgery and asked if I had any questions. I was quite emotional as my hormones were still crazy post-baby delivery. Numerous times he asked if I was ok and if there was anything I could do. At my post-surgical check up with my family doctor, she commented that everything looked great and she couldn't have done a better suture job herself.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Has zero personality, so if you are looking for a conversation or any type of human interaction ...this is the wrong person for you. Sometimes he just stares blankly at you when questions are asked ,not sure if he does not know the answer or can't be bothered to answer . Surgically , many complications post-op from my personal experience. Wanted many times to get another consult from a different surgeon because I did not feel confident in the care he delivered or decisions made.

Submitted February 11, 2016

Visited Dr Hoogerboord a couple of times , had no time to be bothered, poor sport attitude from the first day I met him...Called his office left messages "NO REPLY".....left me hanging with my medical condition as a result of refusal of medical care "NOT" be followed up "NO RESPONSES" from his office....I contacted College of Physicians and Surgeons , and I am waiting for a response to take action .....Poor Attitude , No Heart , Shouldn't be in this field of work being a doctor who doesn't care to help patients.....Please go elsewhere , Your "NOT WELCOMED" Go Doctor somewhere else .....Your a very "UNCARING RUDE" doctor !!

Submitted January 21, 2016

Visited Dr. Hoogerboord multiple times, each time it seemed like he couldn't be bothered with me and that my surgery was just going to be a nuisance to him. Would not recommend him to anyone.

Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr. Hoogerboord operated on me for eight hours, wrestling with my post-surgical adhesions to do a bowel resection laparoscopically. I couldn't be more grateful, I've had a quick and uncomplicated recovery with laparoscopy, most surgeons would have given up and moved to open surgery. As my G.P. said "He is definitely worth waiting for". Office staff pleasant and responsive.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

He did my surgery in August 2014. His care was excellent and he was very personable.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014