Ratings for Dr. H Bhugra

I saw Dr Bhugra upon referral from my oncologist, as it was believed that one or more of the drugs used to treat my cancer, were causing heart problems; the main symptom was breathlessness as well as fatigue. Dr. Bhugra was polite & direct; he referred me to a Vancouver specialist who deals with heart problems caused by Herceptin & wrote me a prescription for Carvedilol, a beta blocker. As I have had chronic asthma all my life, I asked if this drug was safe for me to take, as I understood this beta blocker was counter indicated for asthmatics. Dr. Bhugra insisted that the drug would be well tolerated; starting with a 1/2 dose for 2 weeks, then a full dose after that. I still objected, but was overruled by Dr. Bhugra, politely but firmly. I took the Carvedilol as prescribed & my breathing got worse & worse, especially when I got on the full dose. Dr. Bhugra's office was contacted twice, asking if there was something else I could take, as the Carvedilol appeared to causing negative side effects. There was no response from his office. On Wed Aug 2, I saw the Vancouver specialist. She confirmed that I should never have had the Carvedilol & should be on Bisoprolol, which was specifically designed for persons with cancer who had underlying lung problems. She advised there was no excuse for my being put on the wrong medication & apologised for the difficulty I had had while waiting for the appointment with her. I would NOT recommend Dr. Bhugra for treatment of heart problems (though he is a cardiologist), as it is possible he could prescribe the wrong medication for someone in the future.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Rude, condescending. Didn't listen to the symptoms my family member tried to explain. Rushed us out

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Arrogance is the best word that describes him. One of the rudest docs you'll meet.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Seems like he didnt want to be there, always on his phone. Didnt really care, and was too focused on other things. Has an attitude.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Rude, inflated ego, zero compassion, acts as though he has a chip on his shoulder, lacks ppl skills

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Not good at all...Saw this Dr. while in Abbotsford Hospital Emergency. He comes in like a bull in a china shop very rude and accusatory. I agree with others like he doesn't believe you or is trying to catch you in a lie or something. He's quite scary and has ZERO bedside manner. He discharged me although I had multiple issues not just my heart which he dismissed as benign. I have no idea if he's a good doctor or not but I would never purposely go to him. My mother saw him once and switched she didn't like him at all.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

ugh..... terrible, bad bedside manners, lack of up to date knowledge, you got him as your doc? Find someone else because you're in trouble..... believe me because I am from the medical field.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

He has no time for you unless you are in hospital! He talks as if he doesn't believe you and is rude. I DO NOT recommend this dr!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

I have now seen this Dr twice and each time he has rushed my appointments lasting 5 min each time. He has a tendency to talk down to you and gives you the impression that you are bothering him with your questions. I do not care for him at all but fear if i were to switch now it may prove to bite me in the long run. If i were to return to hospital in the future and he is attending physician this would not only be awkward but extremely stressful for me. (I don't care for the 'I am greater than thou' attitude. Have experienced it before and it is frightening.)

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I have never met such a rude and arrogant Doctor in all my life! He doesn't listen to what you say, is UNHELPFUL, and just rushes you in and out of his office. Not sure what he does between patients as it takes him forever to call the next patient in. His secretary Laurie is HORRIBLE and was VERY VERY rude to me on the phone and gave me such attitude!! DISGUSTING office and poorly run. HIGHLY recommend AVOIDING at all cost!!! Doctor is just as rude as Laurie

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013