Dr. Norman Hoffman

You may also like

I was able to see Dr. Hoffman starting April 2014, he is fantastic. He listens, not just to complaints, but opinions on treatment. He is genuine, and caring. Located downtown, close to coffee shops, clean quiet waiting room, accommodating staff. Never wait long, and often has appointments available the same week. If a patient has an emergency, he will even see them the same day.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

excellent rapport- thoughtful-very good insight- very patient

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Dr. Hoffman is a great psychiatrist. He knows his stuff, but he's a thoughtful listener and strikes me as genuinely compassionate - never dismissive. I feel comfortable with him, and I trust him. I'd also echo the sentiments of the previous reviewer on his wonderful receptionists. I'd recommend Dr. Hoffman to anyone seeking a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I am privileged to know this man and to be his patient. He is extremely competent. I've been his patient for a year now, and not once did I feel rushed or unwelcome in his office. He takes the time to explain what's going on with you, and encourages you to ask questions and talk. He will not push medications. I feel very lucky to have him as my psychiatrist. Oh, and the secretaries in his office are amazing, lovely, wonderful, warm, and welcoming human beings.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I think there is some confusion about Dr. Hoffman. There are actually two Dr. Hoffman psychiatrists in Montreal. I've had the fortune ( and misfortune) to see them both. The other doctor Hoffman, is never punctual ,doesn't return his calls, often just gives prescriptions, and can be cold and robotic. Dr. Norman Hoffman, does not jump into giving medication, and is cautious, caring and honest in his interactions. He has never kept me waiting more than a minute, and is very responsive.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

I was fortunate enough to be able to see Dr. Hoffman after being frustrated by my previous attempts to find a good psychiatrist. His responsiveness and knowledge were incredible. He was able to point out issues that I had struggled with in one session, that other therapists had missed entirely. He is the best.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

Dr. Hoffman is the most helpful psychiatrist that I've ever seen. Unlike most he doesn't have a condescending attitude, and explains issues in meaningful ways. I just wish I had started seeing him when I was younger, so I wouldn't have wasted my time with so much useless treatments.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I wish I had been able to see Dr. Hoffman longer. Unfortunately, just as I finally started to really open up and make some progress, I had to leave the province. Although he wasn't cold, I didn't necessarily find him extremely emphatic. However, he was responsive, a good listener and extremely helpful. I also liked how I could make appointments through him and using email, because I really don't like using the phone. One time I cancelled an appointment fairly last minute and he called because he felt we needed to talk. Although I didn't answer his call or return it due to my mental state that day, I was grateful that he was willing to reach out. He helped me a great deal with one specific thing and that was tremendous. I wish I was able to still see him. I have no doubt he would have continued to help me and I would have continued to make progress. He is the best mental health professional I've seen to date.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

The best doctor I've ever seen -- and I've seen a lot. He is extremely kind, intelligent, and has the ability to make your concerns disappear.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Good Knowledge straight honest and verry helpfuless i see him for now a years and i realy feel better he realy help me and give me more confiance

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Dr. Norman Hoffman's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was able to see Dr. Hoffman starting April 2014, he is fantastic. He listens, not just to complaints, but opinions on treatment. He is genuine, and caring. ..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "excellent rapport- thoughtful-very good insight- very patient "

November 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hoffman is a great psychiatrist. He knows his stuff, but he's a thoughtful listener and strikes me as genuinely compassionate - never dismissive. I feel com..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am privileged to know this man and to be his patient. He is extremely competent. I've been his patient for a year now, and not once did I feel rushed or unwel..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I think there is some confusion about Dr. Hoffman. There are actually two Dr. Hoffman psychiatrists in Montreal. I've had the fortune ( and misfortune) to see t..."

October 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was fortunate enough to be able to see Dr. Hoffman after being frustrated by my previous attempts to find a good psychiatrist. His responsiveness and knowledg..."

October 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hoffman is the most helpful psychiatrist that I've ever seen. Unlike most he doesn't have a condescending attitude, and explains issues in meaningful ways. ..."

October 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I wish I had been able to see Dr. Hoffman longer. Unfortunately, just as I finally started to really open up and make some progress, I had to leave the provin..."

September 26, 2014