Dr. Craig Waller

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Craig Waller

Performed LARS knee resconstruction eight years ago. The knee is perfect.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Professor Waller performed 2 partial knee replacements within 3 years of each other with great success. My mother has resumed to her daily activities pain free and is so happy with the results. I can't recommend Professor Waller highly enough.He is an excellent surgeon and most of all an extremely caring and compassionate doctor who put my mothers fears at ease. A true professional.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

Dr Waller is a quiet unassuming, gentle caring man and a brilliant surgeon. I was walking without any aids after a bilateral hip replacement within a couple of weeks . He is my hero. My physiotherapist was astounded at this senior's recovery.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

I am a 57 yr old male and I had an anterior hip replacement by Dr Waller in November 2017. I found him to be professional, knowleagble and very competent. The surgery was painless (You dont remember any part of it) and I was walking without crutches within 3 weeks. I drove after a week and a half. I had prescribed opiod pain meds but found Osteo Panadol to be enough (which shows how little pain I was in). If you are going to drive though make sure you are NOT still on opiod pain killers as they will show up on police random drug tests and are not safe to drive with. Panadol is okay though. I couldnt recommend Dr Waller and his support staff highly enough. I'll be able to run, play tennis and basketball again. In other words a normal life thanks to him. After month I am going back to work on full duties. If you have to have a hip replacement, this is the doctor to see. His surgical nurse Georgia is always available for follow up advice any time. I even had her ring me to follow up on queries I had when she was OFF duty. In regards to physio I went home after a two night stay and just did physio exercises at home. These are a must though as you need to build muscle support and flexibility which does take time. if youn take his and Georgia's advice you will have a smooth recovery. If you feel you need either inpatient/outpatient rehab though they will help you organise it.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

i've had two knee replacements..one by Dr Waller. That was a few years ago and i've never had a minutes problem with this knee.Three weeks off work and have continued skiing and cycling ever since.I can't recommend Dr Waller highly enough .

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Proffessor Waller is a genuinely supportive Dr as well as being a perfectionist with his surgery. If required, I would go back to him for any further surgery.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

I had double knee replacement surgery done by Professor Craig Waller on June 14 2016. The result is simply fantastic! I was walking normally without any aids after the first month although there was some tightness of the muscles at night which I managed with just Panadol. I am now completely pain free and is able to squat, cycle and walk without any limp 8-10 km everyday. My husband is a general practitioner for 40 years and he said that Professor Waller is the best surgeon he ever encountered in all his 40 years of practice. He also said that Prof Waller is not only a brilliant surgeon but an excellent caring doctor as well. Craig came to see me every evening after he finished work. Professor Waller, thank you so much to you and your excellent team for your care.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

Dr Waller performed arthroscopic knee surgery on one of my knees for a degenerative (medial) meniscus tear that had caused lock up and an inability to walk more than a few city blocks without significant pain. Dr Waller was very courteous and punctual. The only frustration I had with Dr Waller is he was insistent that my meniscus tear was an injury and not degenerative and I believe this is due to there being no evidence surgical intervention provides better outcomes than exercise, but I am only speculating. Further, I met with him 5 days post the operation and he was not willing to provide me with pertinent information such as the approx. % of meniscus tissue removed in the rear horn of the medial meniscus. Having such information is beneficial as it would steer me as to the degree I can participate in impact sports going forward. That said, the surgery has removed my pain and I appear to be recovering well 2.5mths later.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I couldn't be more satisfied. Prof. Waller did a full right knee replacement on me about three months ago. I am 80 years old and still physically and mentally very active. My only regret about the procedure is , although my only other surgical experience was a tonsillectomy a few years ago (when I was 12 years old!), my knee replacement was a robotically assisted procedure and I virtually have no scar to show off to anyone whose ear I might be able to bend! Honestly, I was very concerned about the prospects of the surgery but, my tonsillectomy 68 years ago was far more traumatic than my knee replacement. If you need a knee replacement, get it done. Don't suffer needlessly and, above all, don't be afraid of the procedure, especially with Prof. Waller. I am now back to swimming, walking, and planning a trip overseas to visit my family in America.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I had a dual mobility full hip replacement four months ago and am still amazed at how,successful it has been . Dr Waller and the whole treatment process are worth every one of those five stars. I am 72 years old and still very active (yoga, walking, swimming etc) but would probably have had the standard hip procedure if it weren't for the need for very flexible hips for much needed gynae' surgery, which was done two weeks ago - no problems. But this decision for a dual mobility hip was already proving an added bonus. I was back walking well after six weeks, swimming, even boogie baording with my granddaughters in the school holidays, and returned gradually to my seniors yoga classes. I have already recommended Dr Waller to a yoga friend and told her not to put up,with the pain any longer. Life is too short . Get it done now with Dr Waller,. Do rehab' diligently and then forget about the hip or limitations, it's that easy. Many, many thanks.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015