Ratings for Dr. Rita Freedman

This Doctor came recommended as she had been very helpful and knowledgeable with a friend. I had a few appointments with her over a few years. I waited hours and she was extremely rushed and condescending, but I expect to wait to see a doctor in general and I know that OBGYNs are regularly called to deliver babies. But once I had a real problem she told me I was imagining it, that I had a yeast infection and that was all. I told her that the pain I was experiencing was I had several reasons to believe that it was not connected with yeast and she told me that she was the one "with the degree in bio-chemistry" and refused to discuss it further at all. Fortunately, I opted to get the test for yeast at the JGH rather than paying for the private testing through her office, and the Dr. I saw there was alarmed that she had been so dismissive, recognized that it was not a yeast infection and referred me to another gynocologist immediately who helped me.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

This doctor has never been on time in all the times I have been there. There is a waiting time that varies between 30 minutes to 4-5 hours. What is frustrating is that there ie no apology or explanation for the waiting time. The staff is kind, but there is a lack of staff. One person seems to be doing everything. The doctor rushes patients very quickly and does not take the time to LISTEN. She talks at the same time as you talk and rushes you out. I feel like I am just a number when I go there. I would go elsewhere, but have not found another obgyn taking new patients...

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012