Ratings for Dr. Kim Bondeson

Dr Bondeson is a really caring, compassionate doctor who has incredible knowledge. She always listens to me and I trust her completely.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Dr Bondeson is without a doubt the worst GP I have ever been to. I was highly disappointed with my clinical nurse for recommending her to me. She said, "You're actually the second patient I have referred in the last few weeks that has complained, so I won't suggest her again". We had just been moved to Brisbane for my partners work. I had just given birth and I was suffering with post-natal depression and severe anxiety that permitted me from leaving the house. I had a my partner with me during the appointment. He is a Paramedic and we made this known to her, as it was important she knew that I had support and that the support I had was knowledgeable in medical practice. We asked about medications and what suggestions she could make. She was happy to prescribe antidepressants 5 minutes after meeting me but when my partner suggested I have an anxiolytic to assist with side affects of "washing in" the antidepressant, she hit the roof. She became visibly incensed. She raised her voice at my partner, and said (verbatim) "So what about when she tries to kill herself by overdosing on Valium? And you come home to her dead from an overdose?" She tossed her papers and books around her desk and asked if there was anything else. I was in tears and sobbing at this point and said, "I'm not suicidal and never said I was, I just can't handle feeling like this". She ignored me, never spoke to me and looked at my partner and told him, (verbatim), "Look, if she gets too much for you, just take her to Pine Rivers, you can drop her there any time, they're fantastic". She then went on to describe the Psychiatric ward to my partner and talked about a "family friend" who was there for anxiety. She went into detail about the patient he shared a room with who wouldn't stop talking and that it made her friend very anxious. She then said, "Is that all?" and got up to open the door before we could answer. How this was relevant or helpful to me was beyond both of our comprehension. She was rude, demeaning, insensitive and abusive. She might be ok if you go to her for an injured knee but do not even consider this doctor if you value your mental health. I was so distraught upon leaving her office that I went straight to a medical centre at Strathpine and saw a doctor immediately. We told him what had happened and he was disgusted and provided a referral to a Psychiatrist and Valium but wanted to wait for the Psychiatrist's opinion on the antidepressant. Kim Bondeson is an abomination and should be stripped of her right to practice. I would give her zero stars if it was possible.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Ignored some health issues. Bedside manner brhsqe after hospital visit.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013