Ratings for Dr. Jenson Mak

I have been seeing him for the past 5 years. 'Thinking outside the square', 'holistic', 'tending to my psychological needs', 'compassionate and empathic' are qualities that makes him stand out compared to other specialists in Sydney and the Central Coast.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr Mak has a holistic approach to the treatment of both my parents who are in the their early 60s. He is meticulous to detail and is up to date with his knowledge. He has published in several areas of bone health, aged care and rehabilitation including vitamin D which has won him several grants, scholarship and awards. His practice is based on his clinical experience backed up by solid evidence base. Well done!!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

He is a true all rounder. A good listener. approachable, knowledgeable and explains complex clinical scenarios in a clear and concise manner. He is also compassionate and empowering.....

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

One of my neighbours turned 100 recently! She tells me she had been one of Dr Mak's patients when he looked after diligently when she broke her hip at Gosford Private! She is unable to type on the Internet but her daughter also wrote a note of thanks for the expert healing way Dr Mak looked after her whilst she was rehabilitating. Thank you for your care, kindness and attention to detail! Because of you she is able to return home and continue to live independently again! Well Done!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Not always on-time..... but clearly makes up for this in his knowledge, clinical ability and bed-side / clinic manners. Also he is one of the few doctors who actually takes time explain disease and its prognosis to patients and relatives. Has been outstanding in terms of clinical acumen and effort!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Dr Mak is bulk-billing specialist who has been looking after both my middle-aged parents for a few years now. He is very knowledgeable, has had quite a few research papers on osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, falls and hip fractures, and works in several places clinically. He communicates well and he tends to tackle some old and frail patients which I find commendable. I find some of the negative comments on him quite harsh as there are no perfect doctors and he is quite flexible and will clearly learn from his mistakes and refine his clinically techniques. Well done Dr Mak!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2013

My 84 yr old mother was admitted to Gosford Private Hospital under Dr Mak. She was admitted for *about a week* for pain management (2 fractures of the spine). She was finally discharged in September having had 3 near death experiences and having been admitted to the ICU. The staff there saved her life. Dr Mak failed to examine or diagnose her effectively. Her health quickly deteriorated until she was close to death. To their credit, Gosford Private Hospital responded well to our formal complaint against Dr Mak which was thoroughly investigated. Do not hesitate to complain. Professional indifference or incompetence must be stopped. Support our elderly - don't abandon them to so called "geriatricians" .

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Dr Mak's level of service in respect of my elderly parents is positively excellent. He has a wonderful manner and makes a difficult situation easier to negotiate with his caring attitude. He's easy to talk to, responds quickly to messages and his courteous office staff are quick to email reports and referrals so I have them before the originals arrive in the post. He gives a very balanced opinion which greatly assists with the decisions that need to be made and I appreciate the quality of his inter-personal skills.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2012

He is like House MD with a heart of gold! Sometimes he is running late on appointments but more than makes up for it with his smile and warmth. He especially enjoys spending time with his elderly clients. One of the best 'diagnosticians' I know...

flag | Submitted December 23, 2012

I have been an intern under Dr. Mak at Gosford Hospital and I only have praise for him. I can say this without any risk of bias as I am in training to be a GP and have no need to score points with physicians! He has a busy schedule, but always has time for teaching and I have learnt a great deal under his supervision. He has an academic, evidence based approach and his knowledge is extensive. While I wouldn't go as far as saying he is unorthodox, he is bursting with enthusiasm on ward rounds and it does feel a bit like rounding with "House" sometimes! I take issue with the previous criticism of Dr. Mak, particularly the question of his empathy. I have worked closely with him and I have seen how well he communicates with patients and families. He cares for his patients around the clock - both face to face and from behind the scenes through doctors like myself. He is thorough with every aspect of his patient's care and I would be happy to put my own family members in his safe hands.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012