Ratings for Dr. Jenson Mak

A compassionate medical specialist with a strong sense of responsibility and high knowledge level, he is able to understand my circumstances and carve through many of my complex issues. I am recommending my friends and relatives to see him.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Love or hate him, Dr M has provided good solid medical care to my parents for a number of years in a cost-effective way, both in the way he bulk-bills them, and in the way he rationally chooses his investigations and in his management plan. He has also been providing care to my musculoskeletal needs. I am happy to make this comment in support for him (reading through others) that he treats my parents and myself as members of his family. Well-done!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Easy to talk to and approachable by email, he presents complex medicine in a pragmatic way. I enquired about a rare set of symptoms after visiting 3 specialists including a neurologist, a rehab physician and a rheumatologist, Dr M was patient in listening to my symptoms, then suggested a treatment plan involving referral to a rehabilitation program... I am feeling better that my symptoms have been acknowledge and I have embarked on a path towards recovery! Thanks Dr M

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

I was highly recommended to see Dr. Mak by a GP from whom I sought help when I desperately needed a specialist for my multiple illnesses, physically and emotionally. Dr. Mak is a highly intelligent, sharp and bright young specialist. He is very effective and quickly diagnosed my hidden problem. He helped me through a dark period of human experience. In such a short period of time, I realized that I could put myself in his hands to manage my old-age chronic neck pain, multi back pain and shoulders arthritis etc. I have no hesitation to say that I am so lucky to have him and the help I have received from him is a gift from GOD.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

In the last 6 months I have come under the care of Dr Mak for a long-standing, unresolved, and complex issue with my right ankle. I sit here now and write these words because of the positive impression he has made on me thus far - the consideration and diligence he has shown in responding to my pain and concerns, and the rational and intelligent way he has devised and proposed the further investigation of my problem. I've read the other entries here before writing this. I have no intimate knowledge of the details pertaining to some of the less than favourable comments, few that they are. All I can say is I am not young and impressionable. I have studied the human psyche. I am by nature cynical and guided only by facts, not subjective commentary. Dr Mak is a highly intelligent man who also has a well-developed (not regressive) personality and healthy sense-of-self. This is a relatively rare combination which allows one to be highly and accurately analytical whilst seemingly relaxed and jovial at the same time. It can be seen by others (who may or may not be in the process of worrying at the time) as a lack of concern or care or concentration. That is a misreading. It's true that nobody is perfect - but people need to remember that neither is the science of medicine. Until we can make a perfectly functioning human being from scratch (including all cognitive and emotional functions) then don't expect every interaction with the medical profession to be perfect. (And by the way - i don't think we ever will). From my dealings with, and observations of Dr Mak I can say two things with great certainty: 1) that he is in this profession because he is intelligent enough to be good at it, and 2) He cares about people and their quality of life enough to want to make a difference. I have seen no evidence whatsoever to allow me to arrive at any other conclusion. I would recommend Dr Mak without hesitation.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

Thanks to Dr Mak for looking after my father who has ankylosing spondylitis and depression. It's great to see a doctor who thinks 'outside the box', and can vary his consultation approach from pragmatic to didactic, to empathic corresponding to the mood and environment. He also has a light-hearted view on healthy ageing. Ask him!!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I don't necessarily think Dr Mak is a bad doctor but the fact that he answered phone calls from Brokers, Lawyers, Agents, bank managers etc talking about his acquisitions and developments whilst in consultations with my mother is somewhat off putting at best and negligent at worst. She was not happy.

Submitted February 12, 2015

My elderly mother and I are reviewed by Dr Mak in his rooms at Campsie. He has been competently reviewing us in the past few years: with care and compassion. His knowledge of medicine is second to none. He also thinks 'outside the box'' and often searches on google for any alternative or complementary treatments which I propose work for us. Rather than dismissing those treatments, he would occasionally support a trial of these. Overall I am pleased to recommend to any of my friends and family.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Dr Mak is a bulk billing, trilingual geriatrician and rehab physician with an interest in bones, joints and the brain. I have been seeing him for quite a few years now for my chronic lower back pain. He has a multimodal approach and in my case has a strong tailored exercise program to maintain my good back. I now play hold three times a week and go swimming. Thanks for getting my back 'back' into shape Dr Mak! Highly Recommended!!!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I have been seeing him for the past 5 years. 'Thinking outside the square', 'holistic', 'tending to my psychological needs', 'compassionate and empathic' are qualities that makes him stand out compared to other specialists in Sydney and the Central Coast.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014