Ratings for Dr. Quy Don Nguyen

Rude too busy physician who insulted twice my brother in my presence. Did not believe my 100% true statement. Prefers consults ($$$) to follow-ups($). Aggressive intracardiac cath investigation approach but better be safe than sorry I guess. I was stuck with his atenolol prescription resulting in a pulse of 40/min for 8 months, me sleeping all the time, what a year wasted . No follow-up with him possible said his secretary. Would not recommend seeing him unless absolutely no other choice -in an emergency.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

ponctuelle, discussion tres detaille,tres humaine, fortement recommade.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I had the worst experience with him. He was asking questions and cut me off with another question before I could answer... Very rude and unprofessional. On the requisition he wrote my first name on the top of my last name!! By the way he was writing it for a good two minutes.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

I was apprehensive after reading some of the comments here, but after having met him I must say he is very competent. Had an Echocardiogram done by him. Turns out the radiologist messed up with my results. Seemed genuinely happy that the results came back normal. No complaints.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr. Nguyen has opinions and ideas subscribed to by other "mainstream" cardiologists. He relies on his instincts and the patient him/herself rather than results on paper, treating the whole person. Yes, he holds his patients accountable for lifestyle habits that negatively effect their health, encouraging them to give up smoking, lose weight, eat a better balanced diet, etc. His approach is frank, honest and untainted by the medical establishment.

Submitted June 6, 2013

Toujours très sympathique, à l'écoute, bon diagnostic et sait comment aider.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2013

Sympathique au premier abord, il ne m'a pas écouté du tout, n'a pas cru les symptomes que je lui rapportais (''je ne me fie pas sur ce que vous dites, seulement sur ce que je vois'' donc si on ne fait pas un malaise directement devant lui, on n'a rien!) Il n'a pas posé le bon diagnostic (c'est un médecin généraliste, quelques mois plus tard, qui a fini par poser le bon diagnostic, qui pourtant concernait bien la cardiologie!) et il a affiché un air et un ton moqueur tout au long de l'entretien; pas fort, pour un cardiologue ! À déconseiller, vraiment !!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

I am Vietnamese, This doctor has a complexity toward people from his own culture, he is unfriendly and look down on me. He even told prefer to speak on french and not Vietnamese, with a disturbing attitude (by assuming Vietnamese people come to consult because they don't know English or french) . But I don't care I speak 4 languages, I never chose this doctor. The clinic assign me to this doctor. This is a unfriendly and "Old Fashion" Vietnamese doctor.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2012