Ratings for Dr. Marianna Golts

I saw Dr. Golts when I was in the in-patient unit for severe post-partum depression. I found her supportive when I had a chance to talk with her, which was unfortunately rare. Most of the treatment and interactions were left to the residents and nurses while she quietly sat in the back. I understand that it is a teaching hospital and she takes more of the role of a supervisor but I would have loved to discuss my issues with her more personally. She also seemed to be too busy to follow up on things. For example, she promised she would look into getting me an outpatient councillor, but she never followed through with it. There were other similar incidents, which left me feeling lost and neglected. Professionally, I wanted more from her; however, I will say that she has a very warm personality and is quite fashionable as well. :)

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

I'm currently seeing Dr. Golts for postpartum depression largely brought on by a terrible prenatal and postpartum experience at Mt. Sinai. As terrible as the rest of it was, Dr. Golts is even more wonderful. She's professional, competent, brilliant, clearly a master in her field, knowledgeable about fields of medicine beyond her own, has a great sense of humor, and is very deft at helping you see that certain fears are irrational and nothing to worry about, while not causing you to feel silly. I wish more mental health professionals were like her, or that I could see her long-term. If you find yourself in Dr. Golts' office, you are very lucky!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014