Ratings for Dr. Anthony J. Russo

awful little man. Terrible at anything remotely medically related

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

In the end ... PA accused me 2x of not getting out of bed or was sitting on my butt, " ...not doing as you're suppose to, or you wouldn't be in the pain you're in!" The last visit ... PA again ... Accusations, again ... "Our goal is to get you off the pain meds ... (Not anyone wants off them, more than I do!) Why are you in this kind of pain, this far out? You shouldn't be in this kind of pain this far out! ... (Not anyone wants out of this pain, more than I do!)" ... She was informed the pain meds had gone from 6 - Tylenol #3 daily, to 3 - Tylenol #3 daily March 4, 2017 (Not anyone wanted off pills more than I Did!) So ... "Goal is to get you off the pain meds ... I tell you 3 daily ... You tell me to take 4"... I have attempted to quit the 'pain pills' myself on 3 separate occasions ... I tell you I had not taken any pain meds since the previous morning, March 19th ... You answer, "To What?! Show us?!" March 20 begin my ascend of stairway from the Floor of H^*#! I figured out "Why I was in 'this kind of pain, this far out' no thanks to anyone in this office!" The pain level was topping 6 while you accused me of not doing what was required, all the while I did everything required upon leaving the hsp. I did everything to help you, help me, prior to surgery, therefore "Why would I NOT continue to help myself, after surgery?!" Had anyone made me aware of the possibility of what I was experiencing March 20, I would have asked you, "Is it possible" ... However, Not Anyone made me aware of what I was experiencing ... You call yourself the professional? Why did you not recognize what was happening to me? Is it nicer for you to be condescending to patients, rather than do your job and figure out what the problem may have been?! I REFUSED to take anymore of the narcotics these professionals had me on, especially when told to take more than I was taking and being made to feel less than human. I QUIT taking all their medications! I found my problem on the internet ... I had been in pain from the tips of my hair to the tips of my toenails! I couldn't tell anyone where there was 'actual pain' because it was EVERYWHERE! I had been put in Opioid Induced Hyperalgesia ... I found it on the internet ... What I was experiencing the last time you accused me of doing nothing to help myself, was Withdrawal from the pain meds - you as the 'professional' should've Recognized what was happening to me! It will be 2 weeks tomorrow that I have been detoxing ... I know there are a minimum of 2 weeks more to go and possible the Horrendous Inflammation I am experiencing may subside more, but it hasn't changed in days now ... Is this what life is going to be now? Chronic inflammation in my back, down my legs via buttocks? Least the pain is centralized now ... And what was that? "We are sorry this happened to you. I will be sure to let the others know." From the nurse ... Not the nurse, or she would've known how to respond to the "Remember back in mid Jan you suggested stepping me off the pain pills? Whatever became of that? "... At least I know ... Despite surgery and all the pain I was feeling, there's still No standing long, No sitting long, No walking long, these 3 things didn't ever change, therefore it was IMPOSSIBLE to lay in bed all day or sit as you accused me ... And why is it so difficult to get a straight answer on % of bone growth? Is that messed up as well? Easier to give the answer I get and not the records I've requested, to see for myself? As if all this hasn't been daunting enough ... The pills I was given ... They were not to be mixed! ... That probably explains the Respiratory Depression I was experiencing on a daily basis - to the point of waking NOT being able to breathe, GASPING for a breath! I was in such pain, I could care less if I lived or died and NOT A ONE OF YOU thought of the Opioid Induced Hyperalgesia, easier to condescend the patient and keep giving a person pills, then look close! I should not have had to learn this on my own from the internet! However, it's a good thing I did ... Because had I continued to follow 'your instructions' there is No Doubt in my mind I would've lived to know what has happened to me.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

performed back surgery. Complication occurred during surgery. I am 45 yrs old and my health has been debilitating and ruined since. Easy for the doctor to walk away.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr. Russo if you can not rate and treat handicapped Montanans why are you here? Do I have to go to Canada to find a Dr.in I North America? I'll pay in American dollars! Jefflandry123@ yahoo.com

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Russo to anyone with spine problems. This doctor really seems to care and understand how miserable these problems can make a person's life. He won't give false hope but will be frank about how he can and cannot help.

Submitted December 14, 2012

Dr. Anthony J. Russo's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)