Dr. Vivek Dhawan

Ratings for Dr. Vivek Dhawan

i have been to this office a few times in the past couple years, Dr, Dhawan is great he takes the time to explain everything to you and makes sure you understand, I am happy to say i trust his opinion. His staff has changed, the new person is wonderful. very polite and is always at her desk.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Dhawan is very helpful and takes the time to talk with you. He is very thorough with getting the appropriate tests done. His receptionist does need some training on professionalism, understanding that some of his patients have serious health issues that need to get responded to or pass on to Dr. Dhawan right away. I have been to the office 3 times and she typically not at her desk or on her cell phone out in the hall way. We waited over an hour last visit, and we were being very patient, but did get upset when we realized the receptionist had left and the patients before me had left and we still waited another half hour for her to return, to be taken into Dr. Dhawan’s office. I have called and left messages and I do not get a return call. I have to keep calling to get her on the phone to get a response.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Great doctor very compassionate but he needs to train his receptionist to return calls and help when we need to rebook tests. She has no problem rebook in appointments but that it. She is always away from her desk whenever I come in

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Dr. Dhawan is absolutely professional, thorough and knowledgeable. I am so appreciative that he cares for my mother. She is very happy with his care and I am delighted that he is helping us. We couldnt have been happier!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

i was in this office to see this dr for the first time, while sitting in waiting room i observed how unprofessional the receptionist was, she was to busy playing on her phone to answer my question and then got upset and told me to have a seat and wait to see the dr. I have never been treated this way by any other dr office. I was impressed with the dr and his opinion of my medical issues. i really wish his receptionist was as good as he is.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

This Dr is very polite and took the time to sit and discuss my medical diagnosis with me. He ran every test necessary and quite prompt when it came to follow up appointments, My only issue with this office is that his receptionist is never at her desk and does not return calls at all. When i am in the office i notice that she is usually on her cellular phone and has head phones in her ears, not professional at all. I will continue to see this dr but i wish he would talk to his staff about being professional , life is not just giggles and cell phones. This is a Dr. office not a school yard

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

I saw Dr. Dhawan as part of his rotation through the lung wards at the Royal Alex. He diagnosed evertything for me. Ran all of the required tests. My situation is rather rare and he was able to pinpoint the situation with in a week. I am convinced it would taken a less brilliant doctor much longer to get the answers. When an abnormality was seen on a CT he came on his own time to break the news, explain what was next for me and to answer my questions. He has given me a fighting chance. What an outstanding doctor!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr. Dhawan is professional, courteous, extremely knowledgeable and very respectful. He treats patients with dignity and straight forward advice. He provides the utmost in care. He speaks plain English and avoids medical terminology. An absolute top notch physician!! We were two minutes EARLY for a lung function test and the same for his appointment! I highly recommend this clinic.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr Dhawan is very professional and personable, and he took the time to explain and discuss treatments and followed up on details. He gave samples of each medication to try between appointments so we could find the one that I could tolerate without my having to purchase multiple prescriptions. It's unfortunate, but his office staff is not as organized or professional as you would expect. Be sure to get copies of your records and check them thoroughly. This is not a reflection on Dr Dhawan. Additional staff training in quality control procedures and record keeping would eliminate the issue.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

I was struggling and my regular Doctor could not determine what was wrong with me, but Dr. Dhawan figured it out right away. He had to be sure though so I had a lung biopsy and am finally got the proof of what was wrong. I live in a condo complex that has been poorly run for years and mold and rot contributed to my deteriorating health. This Doctor is caring, knowledgeable, has called me on Sundays and in the evenings to make sure I have the latest information regarding tests. He helped me get into a program to exercise and try to increase my lung capacity. I will pass away from this disease, so I am devastated, but somehow with this doctor I feel a bit less panicked about it. Really.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014