Ratings for Dr. Karen Hall Barber

She seems not to care at all about her patients. She does not see them she often just sends a resdent in. I have had a persistent problem for the past 5 years and every 6 month she gives me the same useless advice. She never listens to me or what I think I may need.

Submitted August 28, 2014

I agree with the other negative comments about Dr. Hall Barber. I have been begging to get a referral to speak with a psychiatrist/psychologist about some childhood issues that I feel need to be discussed openly in the proper form. I was told its not that easy to get referrals to that sort of thing. What the heck does that mean. Why can't she find a shrink and refer me.....because I think she only likes to refer you to people in her little group at the Family Medicine in the Hotel Dieu in Kingston. Her office also calls and asks me to come in, and when I arrive some intern spends 10 minutes rhyming off my medications and asking totally inane questions. This was a total waste of time and an OHIP cash grab. Shame on her.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

I agree with the other negative comment about Hall-Barber.She puts on an air of professionalism but is just brisk.Goes through a checklist ritual.She asks me about same elements of my life not pertinent to issues as though playing cop to catch a lie. She appears not to believe that I was a lawyer and my partner is a pharmacist, bringing it up at each visit and testing me about the process of passing the bar to see if I am lying.There are worse doctors but I advise avoiding her.She is not helpful when an issue departs from black&white policy and easy consensus (ie anything not routine or requiring special attention to particulars of a unique file).She treated me rudely duriing a visit when I brought up a medication I am on with another doc that I forgot to mention earlier with "NO! not 25 minutes after going over the other sleep meds", even though it's already in my file with her. If you try to respect your rights even though socially marginal she punishes you. Can easily get abusive.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Dr. Karen Hall-Barber is the worst Physician I ever had, yet I had the service of Physicians in many other countries and never before I experienced such horrific treatment. Dr. Karen Hall Barber is highly incompetent, abusive toward her patients, arrogant, accusatory; she discriminates her patient and has a total disregard of patients needs and priorities of care. Add to that she lies to cover up her abuse and medical incompetency. I don't recommend this physician to anyone and I feel sorry for the patients under her care, her Queens University's students and medical residents; they are surely having a bad example of how a Medical Dr should treat their patients by having Dr. Karen Hall-Barber as their professor and supervisor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2012