Ratings for Dr. Al Karmi

My daughter was referred to Dr. Al Karmi for a turned eye when she was 2 years old. He would constantly yell at her when she would get things on the exam wrong to point that she was scared of him and wouldnt respond during the exams at all. After a few years of this he booked her for surgery which I didn't feel was necessary. I finally got referred to the IWK when she was 4/5 and not only did she not need surgery, but she had the wrong prescription for YEARS!!! All reports were sent to Dr. Al Karmi and I was told not to return to him, from now on we would only do yearly visits at the IWK and an Ophthalmologist in between. After this his office continued to call me and say I needed to make an appointment even after they were told by myself and the IWK that we would not be returning. I then get a call to say he has booked her for surgery!! They would not take no for an answer. Finally after about a year of this they stopped calling. My 6 years old daughter now has to wear bi-focals and her eyes are much worse than they would have been had she had the proper prescription and care from the beginning. Terrible Dr. and very very bad with kids. Also always late, I have seen me be there for a half hour or more after my appointment time and him not even be there and then to show up and be rude and mean to a little girl.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

wonderful kind doctor. very efficient. took excellent care of me. highly recommend. was very understanding of my mobility problems and helped me get around the office. little bit of a wait but busy clinic and the wait was well worth it. the staff was wonderful and very friendly. had lots of laughs with the secretary. she was great!!!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013