Ratings for Dr. Stephen Daunt

Excellent doctor very helpful knowledgeable mostly punctual

flag | Submitted September 17, 2018

I’ve seen Dr. Daunt several times now for myself and my children at the walk-in clinic in Maple. My mother who has always been very sceptical of trusting doctors at walk-in clinics has actually seen him as well and we both agreed he is a fantastic doctor. I was searching him up simply to see if he runs a private practice and was actually quite surprised by some of the negative reviews on here. I actually appreciate that he is direct and straight to the point, especially when I’m with my unwell children. More often than not when we’ve seen him it’s because we’ve been in need of a prescription and it couldn’t wait for an appointment with the Pediatrician or our regular family physician and I think he’s fantastic especially given the “walk-in clinic” setting. Thank you Dr. Daunt!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

I had a terrible terrible experience with Dr. Daunt today! Coming from the healthcare system myself, I was appalled by his unprofessionalism, lack of sensitivity. I went in to the walk in clinic with an infected piercing, he spent 3 minutes in the room, wrote me oral antibiotics 4 times a day for a week and told me to come back in a couple days and get my family doctor to take it out because "I'm not touching it". I explained to him that I was fasting for the month of Ramadan and if he could prescribe an antibiotic that's twice a day. He responded saying not my problem and that it was my choice between 3 times or 4 times, I chose 3 times. The staff at the front desk told me there was no appointment with my doctors replacement for 4 weeks, I needed this taken care of in a day or two as suggested by Dr. Daunt when I asked the nurse to speak with him, he suggested I take antibiotics for the weeks leading up to the appointment. I don't look forward to taking antibiotics for 4 weeks so I will be taking the prescribed meds and going to emerge instead.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Great doctor, great staff, great office! I’ll be back!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Highly recommended, you'll be happy at this office.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Dr. Daunt (at the walk in clinic) writes prescriptions for antibiotics even when they are not required or necessary. We have never left his office without a prescription for antibiotics. The strange thing is that he does not bother with the test results. For example, he looked at the strep test result for my son and threw it out saying "oh yes there's a faint line showing up" and wrote a prescriptipn. The next day, we got a second opinion from the pediatrician who said the strep test was negative and there was no need for antibiotics. This has happened on more than one occasion. Basically, he will write antibiotics prescription regardless of what the test results show. Visit another doctor and get the right advice especially when it is regarding your child.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Dr. Daunt forgot to write down the L U code on my father's prescription because he's a senior. The pharmacist mentioned it when we were there and the pharmacy that we were directed to by his staff was half an hour away and we live in Vaughan so it's extremely busy with all the construction and traffic for wonderland. My senior father is suffering from a terrible food poisoning, feels extremely faint, weak and couldn't wait for Dr. Daunt to "finish with his patient" and call the pharmacist back to give him the L U code. So I ended up paying for the medication, leaving, then driving back home and then finally after half an hour he contacted the pharmacist and gave him the code, and I had to get back on the road in this heavy traffic to get the refund. It was extremely inconvenient and so tiring.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

the best!!! the best staff and reception desk too :)

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015