Ratings for Dr. Christian Balldin

Dr. Balldin is a very skilled, knowledgeable surgeon and I am having a confident experience in his care. His staff is great and PA Cruz is a great asset to the team. My acl/fcl reconstruction has been smooth sailing so far, two months post surgery. I saw other drs before choosing Balldin and the difference in level of concern and thoroughness is astounding. You're in the best of hands with Balldin!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I was a workplace injury so referred/booked with him thru Texas med clinic. I had a hip Labral tear and osteoarthritis. Did X-rays and MRI. Said there was NOTHING he could do for me but a total hip replacement in a few yrs, to quit my job ( I work as a professional aerialist and acrobat), and come see him again when I can't stand the pain any longer. He reluctantly approved my request for physio after 2 attempts of asking. The only thing he would do is a cortisone shot. He was very short with me and even proceeded to walk out of the room when I was asking him a question. Terrible bedside manner and made me feel very upset perhaps because it was a workers comp injury and he wouldn't make the big bucks off me? On my 3rd visit he told me it was the end of the road and there was nothing he could do for me. Fast forward one year- my new doctor is appalled at dr Balldins choices. I am a candidate for hip resurfacing and will be proceeding with that. He expects me to be back at my job as an aerial performer .He said it's likely a year ago I could have had arthroscopic surgery on labrum and may not be in the same shape I'm in now because of Dr Balldins refusal to treat me. Why he didn't tell me about hip resurfacing, I don't know! On my last visit I even asked Dr Balldin about alternative options to a total hip replacement and he said there is nothing out there. I strongly do not recommend this doctor. Keep searching!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I went to see him with x-rays showing a stress fracture. He took more x-rays and listed the diagnosis as a sprain and ordered an MRI, even though he told me that there was a fracture. After the results came back, he changed the diagnosis to a stress fracture. He never showed the x-rays or MRI to me, even when asked. After 4 weeks in a boot, I emailed and called his office, worried about a lump forming where the break was. He waited 2 weeks to respond and said that it was normal. In the meantime, I found another doctor who took x-rays and said the stress fracture was totally broken and now displaced.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015