Ratings for Dr. O. Ayeni

Dr Ayeni is rude, arrogant and I believe he is a male chauvinist. I think he made a smart move in bringing on a new Nurse practitioner ... and you'll not his letter indicates she will be seeing women and children only ... just proves my point. At one appointment he made a comment that basically said he "busts his hump to be there to see patients" as if our taking a full day off work, without pay, to see him was less important than the fact that he actually showed up for work that day. Seriously, get over yourself. He must have a God Complex, because his opinion is the only one that counts and do not question him or he'll bite your head off. He actually intimidated a patient with a major general anxiety condition to the point that he was physically ill. What kind of doctor make his patient feel so uncomfortable they put off seeking treatment just so they don't have to deal with him?? It's wrong and something should be done about it.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I feel abandoned and neglected as a patient..was staying because of Debbie and Greta...sadly,, they seem to have been told to become more distant..cant talk about more than one sympton( even though they may he related...)...have to take my husband in with me to get his attention...speaks quickly and gets angry when asked to slow down...I have been waiting fir over 18 months for a mental health referral...when I called three months ago, about lingering symptoms, my call was not returned...I had a mammogram in early June( I'm a 15 year breast cancer survivor)..previously, they always called me back...I feel shunned and disgusted with myself that I haven't left( husband and daughter left ages ago)...Needs a refresher course in kindness and listening skills..

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Ayeni has disappointed me on several occasions. He has answered a personal phone call during an appointment I had with him, made belittling comments, and overlooked my mono symptoms claiming my tonsils looked just fine. His receptionist is also not very knowledgeable or helpful, I had asked her about vaccines before and she didn't seem to understand what I was asking. Appointments usually take about 2-3 weeks to get, which can be very frustrating. The only positive thing I can say about this practice is that they now have a nurse practitioner who is very nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Dr. Ayeni has a great sense of humor and is very knowledgeable. He has top notch bedside manner, and always goes the extra mile to address all aspects of one's well-being and overall health. I feel very blessed that my son and I have such a wonderful informative doctor.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I have two family members who were patients of Dr. Ayeni and will never go back there again. He misdiagnosed and did not do proper screening in my grandfather for cancer. When he had a lump in his groin bothering him doctor ayeni shrugged it off as his hernia that had been repaired in the past, when really it was a cancer tumor. By the time we found this out by going to emerg, it was already too late and spreading.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I have been with this practice since Dr. Twelves, and I am shocked that there are complaints about Dr. Ayeni or his staff. My guess is any who has made a complaint, will never happy with any service they get anywhere. You cannot be reasonable with unreasonable patients. There is no golden arches over Family Medicine. Dr. Ayeni is a very kind, caring, and patient man and has a very good sense of humor. His staff is very friendly, pleasant and professional. Debbie has gone out of her way to call and follow up with my mother when she was sick :) My family and I are lucky to be patients here!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. Ayeni has been my family doctor for me and my children for three years now. He takes the time to listen to all of my concerns. He is knowledgeable , thorough, and caring.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr. Ayeni has been my family doctor for the past four years. I have referred two friends to Dr. Ayeni's practice based upon my positive experiences with both him and his staff, Nurse Debbie and Greta the receptionist.. A proactive, efficient, knowledgeable professional is worth waiting to see, so the few times that I have had to wait past my appointment time does not bother me one bit. I have never felt rushed during any of my appointments and I know that if I needed more of the doctor's time than originally scheduled he would provide that to me. If you're looking for a great GP I would recommend Dr. Ayeni in a heart beat!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Not once but TWICE I have been refused an appointment, and each time I was experiencing flu symptoms. Greta and Debbie are incredibly condescending and make it feel as if you are an idiot for wanting to speak with your doctor when you are ill. The flu symptoms I mentioned were brushed of as "just a cold" and I was told that I didn't need an appointment. Instead, I was forced to seek assistance at St Joe's in Stoney Creek as well as at the Queenston Walk-In Clinic. Each time, the doctor's had confirmed that I did, indeed, have the flu. The one time that I was able to get an appointment with Dr. Ayeni, whom I have never seen in person in the three years that I have been a patient at this location, he completely forgot about me. I was left to sit in a room alone for an hour and a half before being told by Debbie that he must have forgotten about me. I wasted most of my day by making my way down to his office from McMaster; I missed classes because of this. It really feels as if Dr. Ayeni and his staff don't give a single, solitary sh*t about their patients, and I will be beginning my search for a new doctor immediately. Save yourself the trouble by avoiding this practice. You're much better off going to a walk-in clinic, where your concerns will actually be HEARD and you will not be brushed off by two women who don't want to waste their time helping you, even though it is their JOB to help you. Check your attitudes, Debbie and Greta. You're costing this man his patients.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Me and my family have been going to Dr. Ayeni for over 4 years, I find him to be very straight forward and always very helpful. He always listens to any concerns I have (usually regarding my 2 little boys!) and puts me at ease. The staff are always helpful and kind and I am very grateful for all they do.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017