Ratings for Dr. Robert S. Gorab

Had a total replacement of my right knee in Dec 2015 (after losing over 25 lbs per Dr Gorab). I followed Dr Gorab and his staff's exact directions for pre-hab and rehab; and 6 weeks after surgery resumed full gym workouts (weightlifting, aerobics, cycling, stretching), resumed my work schedule (driving, office time, & flying cross country) and "weekend warrior" activities (gardening, golf and baseball!). Pain management was & still is minimal; only ice and Tylenol. Great surgeon, excellent staff. THANK YOU, DR GORAB & OSI for giving me back 20+ years of movement & activity!!!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Dr. Gorab is an amazing surgeon who is thorough, meticulous and thoughtful. I am so grateful he was able to perform a revision hip replacement surgery for me. He is the best.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. Gorab replaced both of my knees in the last 7 months and I could not be happier. I went to Dr. Gorab based on the recommendation of many members of the club where I play golf and they all rated him as the best they knew of. Unlike some of the reviews I have just read I found Dr. Gorab to be both very personable and very interested when I thought I may be having problems - in fact he said that he encouraged me to come to the office any time I thought there might be an issue - he indicated he would rather see me 10 times with no real issue rather than missing the one time that there was a true problem. The result of both surgeries was just as my fellow golfers had predicted. I have been basically pain free and took only 4 pain pills, 2 each time out of the 80 that had been prescribed. My range of motion in both cases exceeded 90 degrees 2 hours after surgery and within 2 weeks I could straighten my legs and the range of motion increased to 125 degrees the first time and 134 degrees after the 2nd operation. I was walking without the aid of either a walker or a cane at the 3 week mark the first time and the 2 week mark the second time and was driving at those same intervals. He indicated that I could return to golf at the 6 week mark but did encourage me to start slowly hitting only short shots and work up to the full game over a 4 to 6 week period - I felt I could do more but he surely knows more on the subject than I do so I have stuck strictly to his schedule. Everyone that I have talked to said their results were better than expected and they all also indicated that they stuck exactly to the rehab process that he prescribed. I found Dr. Gorab to be epitome of professionalism but he is also very personable - he has a very busy schedule so I am sure there is not a lot of time for idle chatter but I have had both personal and medical conversations with him and found him to be very concerned about me as a patient. I also was very pleased with his entire staff who has returned every call that I have made within a very reasonable time - and the one time that I had trouble getting through to the office I went in and they made room for me in their schedule within 30 minutes - I am not sure how much more accommodating they could be! I highly recommend Dr. Gorab and I am glad that he is so focused on good outcomes!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Well, I just had a TKR on June 13, 2017. I admire Dr. Gorab and he has been nothing but nice to me. Yes, he told me that I had to lose 15 pounds before he would book the surgery. I ended up losing 20 pounds an should have lost more, but he still did the surgery. Yes, he is all about the numbers and only wants the best outcomes for his patients. I much rather have a doctor that tells it like it is than someone that does not care about his patient outcomes. That is why he is as good as he is. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

I've had three hip replacements. First with dr Dixon in1989 . Then dr gorab redid that hip around 2010 and then he did the other one several months later...No problems ...He's the best there is....

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I agree with all of these reviews . 4 1/2 years out of a hip replacement , still have pain, he is arrogant, rude and I am still in pain. I went back to him several times and he could care less. He is both dangerous and unprofessional.Super rude.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr. Gorab has no interest in his patient should a problem develop after recovery from surgery. He is cold, arrogant and unhelpful. A hip Dr. Gorab replaced 6 years ago needs revision. One can't help but wonder if his consulting with Johnson & Johnson is the reason for the revision surgery that is needed.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

The epitome of an arrogant surgeon. He is dangerous because there is too much self-interest in what he does. He is not humble enough to admit when he has made a mistake. If anything goes wrong, just remember it's your fault, not his! Does not have the decency to look you in the eyes when he speaks to you. Not a nice human being.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

Doctor Gorab was great up until the surgery was complete. My wife's knee never worked well afterwards and Doctor Gorab was high on his fame as a great doctor that he accused my wife for being the reason she could not bend her knee more than 68 degrees. Tell me who would seek out a good surgeon only to want it to be a fail surgery? He didn't want to have much to do with her afterwards. Six months later she went into Long Beach Memorial and was put to sleep and the doctor could not forcefully bend her knee. The analysis of her knee is both associated with her being a fast scaring tissue producer and mechanical problems. So now we have no insurance plus she just cannot trust another great Doctor Who cares about his reputation far more than his patient's life. (See his web page) She is in pain more now then before, and she can't walk up stairs which requires 90 degree of flexibility. It appears to me he a good Doctor as long as things go well. Helena Kelly, Lakewood, Ca

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

Not caring, unbelievably arrogant and pretentious, only interested in operating and making money, no communication with my referring doctor

flag | Submitted September 26, 2010

Dr. Robert S. Gorab's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)