Ratings for Dr. Gilbert Yee

I met Dr. Yee right out of medical school. Normally It takes a few visits to feel comfortable not with him. I felt like I knew him for years. Off to a good start.During our consultation I had to have knee surgery ( scope ) . Was booked for surgery almost 2 weeks after my visit. Everything went well, had physio for about 6 weeks. About 2 years later I had to have my other knee done. Went through all the same procedures also went well. I played a fair amount of baseball before my surgeries. About a year or so later I was offered some Injections to put fluids back in my knees. It was expensive but well worth it. After a few years my knees got worse, had many more injections. Today they are doing much better. Next surgery Is my right shoulder, have MRI date then surgery not long after. I saw him today Jan 9th 2018 even though I was there to talk about surgery, we laughed, joked like 2 best friends. I love this Doctor and wouldnt trade him for another. Our talks are not always about surgery there full of fun, laughter and plenty of jokes. He puts a smile on my face and I can only hope I do the same for him. I have recommended him to my sister and daughter. I would recommend him to anyone who was In need of an Orthopedic Surgeon. Keep up the excellent work Dr. Gilbert Yee. See you soon.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

I have been seeing Dr Yee for too many years to count. Both my knees have been damaged due to sports injuries and I continue to play even though I need knee replacements. Dr Yee has always taken the time to talk with me to determine the best course of action. He doesn't understand my craziness to continue to play while I have so much pain but he doesn't judge me and he doesn't push me to do anything that I am not comfortable doing. He always takes the time to fully explain the surgical procedure to allow me to make an informed decision. The only downfall is if you have to go for a follow up appointment at the hospital because you will ultimately have at least an hours wait.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Yee since July 2017. He has been so helpful in helping me decide on if surgery was the best option for my situation. I was comfortable in choosing the sugery option and had the surgery done in September. The surgery he performed was ACL hamstring reconstruct. He did a fantastic job and was knowledge in all areas. Pain is inevitable in surgery, but I was up on my feet (with crutches and my brace) within a week. Dr Yee was such a blessing to have as my doctor - patient, knowledgeable, kind and I was comfortable with him as my doctor and surgeon (after turning down a couple other doctors). Many thanks to Dr Yee and his team and staff!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr. Yee performed an ACL hamstring graft on my 16 year old son's left knee in July 2015. He also removed a part of the meniscus that was flaking off. After recovery, my son's knee would lock up when he left it bent for a while and it was also a bit loose. If he places his foot on a stool and tightens the calf muscle and knee joint, the looseness in the knee joint is clearly visible. An MRI a few months after the surgery showed that the graft was still intact. Since my son had complaints, Dr. Yee suggested that one option was to go back under the knife again and check, and if he did that then he might as well put in a new graft. But since my son's left hamstring was already used, he suggested using allograft (from a cadaver), which I was totally against, or from his other leg which I wasn't keen on either. Anyways, it's almost two years since my son's surgery and his knee still locks up when he keeps it bent for any length of time - like sitting in class at school - he just extends his leg and unlocks it - this happens many times a day and it's become second nature now. He never went back to his favourite sport of soccer and I guess he never will as he will be starting university this September. I'm hoping there'll be advances in medical science in the not-too-distant future - perhaps stem cell and/or gene therapy will fix his knee for good so he'll be able to play soccer with his kids. Dr. Yee did an OK job - but I wish the outcome was better.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

I have being seeing Dr Yee since 2013 for a number of foot and knee problems. In 2014 we did all the paper work for a bunion op and till today 2017, nothing is scheduled. In 2016 we did all the paperwork for partial knee replacement schedule for may 2017, never got a date fr his office . But this week, they left a message that the June operation ? will not take place. No surprise ! If he is unqualified to do any of these why wasted years of my time !! Be ware and stay away from him and his office.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Had my surgery February 14, 2014. ACL graft, MCL repair and removal of meniscus. First month slow recovery. Even after 10 weeks there is still swelling but walking now with ACL brace. Considering the extent of the surgery I am doing very well . Dr Yee is utmost professional. He shows concern for his patients, takes time to explain procedure and recovery. Extremely knowledgable.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

I'm a 28 year old male that had an ACL reconstruction with hamstring graft surgery performed two weeks ago by Dr. Yee. Surgery went as expected and with two physiotherapy visits able to bend knee to 90°. inflammation has gone down substantially and have regained control over quads. able to stand on both feet fine with immobilizer and should be able to walk within the month.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

Personable and knowledgeable. Explained procedure, options and likely outcome very clearly. Work was neat and results are good. Healing seems to have taken longer than usual for an arthroscopic procedure on the knee, but I have nearly gained full and normal use 6 months after the surgery.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013