Ratings for Dr. Hendrick Putter

I found this doctor one of our best ; always helpful, on time, very empathetic and kind, honest and direct to the point; efficient service and excellent diagnostic skills and a wide variety of knowledge and year s of experience in GP surgery and obstetrics. He has a passion for Emergency from work and helped out on several times in Rural BC and Sk Emergency room work was always a passion and he helped out in Rural BC and Sk. When there was a need for properly trained MD s.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

This guy is kind of an a-hole. Why? You ask, well my family and I moved to the Island some 7 years ago and naturally started looking for a family doctor as soon as we were settled. I had visited Dr.Putter's office just as a walk in and while I was there asked if they were accepting new patients, I was told yes they were and proceeded to enroll myself and my 3 children, I would have enrolled my wife but did not have her info on hand, though this I was told was ok , that when she came in she could produce it then.To make a long story shorter, my wife did a short time later went to the drs office as a walk-in just to have the Doc take a quick look at one of our kids who had a bad cold, keep in mind she was there as a walk in and had to wait with 2 of 3 kids. Wile she waited she thought she'd use the time to produce the info required, at the time the Doc just happened to be right there at the reception area listening in and viewing at the newly created family file, now neither my wife or I can figure out what it was that made him change his mind after personally accepting my family as patient's the last time I was there. What happened next would be very embarrassing and upsetting for anyone, but a mother there with her children one of whom is sick to be told in the middle of a Doctor's office waiting room that she is for no given reason her family is no longer welcome as patients and that she'd have to go elsewhere for the issue at hand , not that she wouldn't have after being embarrassed like she was (The words and his tone were not of the kind variety). I just cant wrap my head around what it would take for a Doctor to be able to display this kind of behavior, isn't it his job to help people? Anyway's the only real conclusion I have ever been able to come to is that Mr.Putter is an A--HOLE!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr. Putter is very kind and professional, He is easy to talk too and looks after your health

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Interesting that all Dr Putter positive comments below are similar...maybe written by the same person?? Dr Putter should really leave medicine. My wife and I saw him and had the same experience. He was rude, cold and overall not interested in helping us. He has gone from practice to practice. I would also recommend that you google his name...looks like he has had a issue with inappropriate activity with a patient. I actually feel bad for his wife. Anyway I am sure he is a nice man but not really meant to work with people. Really didn't trust anything he told us and we just moved on to a second opinion. Which was good because my wife did have something serious wrong with her.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Missed cancer, couldn't get a check up, one problem at a time.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Best Physician I have ever had. Not sure what the negative reviews are about, he has been my physician for 7 years now and has helped diagnose problems that other physicians and even specialists couldn't. Without Dr. Putter's knowledge and expertise I may not be walking today. Those who have a sore spot because Dr. Putter moved away from Qualicum should take their whining and personal issues somewhere else. Those who like to gossip about things they have "heard", Karma is a B****, good luck finding a physician as good as he is.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

This doctor has been our family doctor for five years and has always been only polite, respectful and very straightforward; listens to every concern and address them to our satisfaction; never hurried; he saved my young baby's life 2 years ago when she was correctly diagnosed with viral meningitis and promptly referred to hospital for specialized care. We are very grateful to this physician and value him as a wonderful human with sincere compassion.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2013

Dr Putter is a true blessing. We are lucky to have him in Victoria. We just hope he finds it welcoming enough to stay. He is extremely thorough and detail oriented. He is compassionate and trusty cares about his patients. He is currently practicing in a clinic and we make a point to visit on the days he is in. Dr Putter is also a great communicator who shares information between other doctors and specialist very effectively. Thank you Dr Putter.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

This physician is one of the best doctors ; he is always friendly, very respectful and helpful. He has excellent people's skills and listen to all my problems, his knowledge and level of care is unbeatable. He has been my doctor for almost five years and he has never failed my expectations. He is kind andhas a passion to help his patients.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Dr.Putter is an excellent doctor. He has been my doctor now for over 3 years. Always has time for a sane, non-time wasting and polite patient. Refers a patient when he sees the genuine need to. Very sad to hear he has now left Qualicum - but who can really blame him, when it sounds like he had to deal with some real crack pots? Mr.C.C.Walden

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013