Ratings for Dr. Smeeta Desai

When we moved to Canada, we start going to her and she became our family doctor. After that we moved to different city but still continued to come to her with any issue or for general checkups as well. Even the kids were born in front of her. She is very knowledgable and helpful and solution to any of our issue. Always in a good mood, and very kind hearted. I will glad to recommend her to anybody.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr Desai has made a huge difference in the quality of life for myself and my son. She has helped me get help for my son's mental health issues and we are much happier and healthier due to her directing us to the right specialists. She's kind hearted and very proactive with our health.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Worst dr I have been to her knowledge is zero she has mis diagnosis me 3 times please DO NOT GO to her

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

Most caring and amazing doctor. Her focus is to make you well.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I'm an Registered Nurse with lots of medical experience so listen to my review...#1 DO NOT go to her for mental health issues. She is insensitive and not knowledgeable about it. Dr desai is sweet and caring but not knowledgeable. She doesn't seem to care that her lack of awareness of current research has made her seem inadequate to me, she either waits too long to prescribe things or prescribes things in haste. She never looked at the area i had skin issues in...when i was having skin problems she would n not look at the area and that was a red flag... You have to look at what you are treating before your prescribe something!!!! She's over prescribed pills to people i know. However i will admit that she is not terrible with the elderly, they seem to like her a lot, but as someone who can see past a sweet bedside manner. I'm not ratng her as a human being but as a care provider who's health is somewhat in your hands.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Receptionist Tracy is no longer working here. Thank God! OMG I thought I was the only one who felt that she was most rude and unprofessional receptionist ever. She litterly yelled at me and played game with me when it came to seeing Dr. Desai on short notice. extremely rude & has clearly no professionalism. You have to wonder, what fostered this kind of behavior?

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

I agree with the patient below, because not everyone knows how difficult it is to uphold the job of one of the most demanded doctors in Richmond. She literally has waiting list for patients and a majority of them have been with her for over 15 year. clearly the patient below is just upset about a situation from previous matters because out of my whole family of 11 people, all of us love doctor desai to bits and have only heard positive things about her. She has given the best advice to all of us regarding our health care, and everything that she has recommended has treated us. So the 1 star of knowledge is far from an accurate description of her.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

I love Dr. Desai! She is so sweet and compassionate, always giving me a hug like old friends. She really cares about you and unlike other doctors I don't feel like she's trying to fit in as many patients as she can for a higher paycheque. She actually takes time with you. As for Tracy, she can come across as rude/abrupt but trust me she is not. She is so nice and she only comes across like that because she cares about her job and Dr. Desai. I love Tracy!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Dr. Desai (and her whole staff, including Tracy) are incredible! I always feel comfortable discussing even the most embarrassing of health issues! Dr. Desai is compassionate, professional, and accommodating. I have never had an issue with wait times (its a dr's office - its to be expected!!) and most importantly i never feel rushed. Love her! Thanks Dr. Desai !!! <3 Karly T.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. Desai is AMAZING!! Her new receptionist leaves something more to be desired. She is rude, I'm sympathetic and seems to lack any type of social empathy. Wait times can vary depending on day… As well as her hours are not as open as I'd like. But all in all, she makes time for us and sees us whenever we need her.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016