Ratings for Dr. W Dolata

People are right when they say he speaks in riddles and never answers questions with a direct answer. He's fairly patient and very kind and caring. Nice guy overall. Is perfectly fine with gaining a second opinion. Like most oncologists he's fairly arrogant and kind of looks at you like you're an idiot if you question things. I'd recommend him nonetheless.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Have great difficulty understanding the man. Well spoken English doesn't seem to be a requirement . Would have missed important information of my husband hadn't been with me. I told Dr. Dolata I was having trouble understandings him and he just smiled at me.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr Dolata has a lot of knowledge and always looked for options, which my husband and I appreciated. My issue with Dr. Dolata is that I don't believe we got clear information about my husband's grim prognosis, so we remained hopeful for too long and never had the important conversations we needed to have prior to my husband's death.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

He speaks in riddles...never answers a question directly without using a metaphor. Last time he never had the report and all he would have needed to do is have the other hospital e-mail it to him with in five minutes he would have had it. We wasted our time driving into Regina on a stormy day to not get any results. We now have the report from the family doctor and so should Dolata. We have heard nothing in the last week when we should be setting up an immediate appointment for chemo. Last time Dolata seemed more rushed tthan usul and told us our five minutes were up! What sort of Doctor does that? I'm very dissappointed in his manner and responses.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2013

Very pleasant man, who is extremely patient & down to earth. We wouldn't have wanted another Dr. for my dad's treatment. He explained my fathers cancer thoroughly & all treatment options. Dr Dolata was ALWAYS positive & never stopped looking for an (aggressive) treatment or cure. He remained positive & gave us our hope right to the end...that made for "quality" of time until my fathers passing.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2013

Very caring, seems very thorough and takes the time to explain. Really nice mannered.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012