Ratings for Dr. Shawn Forbes

I initially had a great experience with him in 2015, but now he refuses to do any surgery to help me. I have Crohns and have had many surgeries but not in Canada. I have a hernia and complications that require a revision. He says that I already had a surgery a year ago and so he can't do it??? That's absurd. If someone needs surgery and had another doctor in States confirm it's needed....what is the problem? It seems he only cares if you have cancer.. otherwise you are screwed.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

I cannot say enough about this man, a truly gifted surgeon and a wonderful person. I had an unusual cancer, and some unexpected side effects to treatments along the way but Dr. Forbes remained ever focused throughout each step. He communicated effectively with all the specialists involved in my case, was thoughtful in his recommendations and compassionate in his care. I have the highest respect for him and consider myself lucky to have him as my surgeon. His practice is run with surgical precision, he was always on time with appointments and his assistant Julia was fantastic at keeping everything on track.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Very. caring. doctor. I must say I am in good hands.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

The most amazing Doctor ever ! Calm , kind and thorough . Thank you !

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

Can't say enough good about this doctor. I was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2010 and the good doctor walked me through the whole process, what to expect and all the pros and cons of this type of surgery, His follow up over the years has been outstanding.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Dr. Forbes is outstanding. My wife suffers from Chrons disease and Dr. Forbes preformed her 3rd bowel resection. Unfortunately the first 2 didn't work as expected, and Dr. Forbes finished the job. Would not give up on my wife and made sure he that she received the attention she really needed. Really made me feel comfortable with his knowledge and tenacity.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Colon Cancer is always frightening. Dr. Forbes was extremely thorough before surgery, explaining all of the reasons for the required tests as well as the available options for surgery. He listened to concerns and answered questions in a understandable fashion. He gave eye contact while talking with me and made me feel that my situation was important to him. Following surgery he was as informative and caring as before surgery. The 2 receptionists I have dealt with were both kind, caring and considerate. I would strongly recommend Dr. Forbes. He is definitely worth the drive to Hamilton.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014