Dr. John Suljak

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John Suljak

Hard working and always informative, Dr. Suljak is simply the best Dentist in Kitchener/Waterloo area. His staff are attentive and everyone makes an extra effort to make you feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Dr Suljak's excellent approach to his craft is backed by a very supportive staff. Our family has relied on him for 12 years. Inclusive advice followed by successfull procedures. Thanks again Dr S!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Straightforward, honest Dentistry. Dr. Suljak has proven to be one of the best in Kichener/Waterloo. My family has been happy with his treatment for 15 years.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Relaxing and professional environment. Always sensible advice on choices, moving forward. Dr. Suljak's practice has been a mainstay of the dental community in Waterloo for many years. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

I was initially consulted to go with option A as the only possible treatment. I was looking for the possibility of option B. When I called them to inquire, recetptionist confirmed on the phone that Dr. Suljak can perform it. Therefore I booke an appointmnet and got a day off from my job to finally fix this issue. To my surprise, first thing Dr. Suljak told when I arrived was "Are you ready for option A?"It was five minutes into the appointment that it turned out that he can NOT perform option B at all and did all he could (including wrong statistics ) to convince me that option A is the only way to go. Once he noticed that I am not willing to proceed, he clearly got mad and pretended that I've wasted his time, although it was me that had to take a day off for the mistake that his office made in communication with me. My message to him is that please don't force people to make the calls that you wish! Tell them your professional opinion and let them decide themselves. And your patien'ts time is as important as your time.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Dr. John  Suljak

Dr. John Suljak's response
I am sorry that we could not come to an agreement on your treatment. Option B involved using a specific, newer dental material which you had researched online and had heard about from another person for whom it seemed to have worked. I am sorry that my receptionist lead you to believe that I used that material when you spoke to them on the telephone, but they do not know all materials used in dentistry, especially newer ones like Option B is. Their job is to ensure that you have face-to-face time with me to discuss it, which they did. Please don’t view that face-to-face meeting as a disrespect of your time since not all discussions pertaining to treatment options can take place over the phone. It was my professional opinion that Option B would not work in the long term in your case and that’s why I recommended Option A to keep your tooth. Consent and respect are cornerstones of my life and dental practice. I would never force you or anyone to do any procedure, and never have. And in the end, you did make a choice to not do my recommended treatment, and I respect that.

Submitted January 26, 2018

Very trustworthy, I love him, my kids love going to the dentist! It's so nice having not only him as a great dentist but having the entire staff be just as wonderful!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Great office! I made the switch last year and I'm very happy with the service. Dr. Suljak is detailed in his approach and extremely professional. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

A true professional surrounded by fantastic staff. Waterloo is lucky to have Dr Suljak

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Super dentists, excellent hygienists and wonderful office staff.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Above and beyond I have ever experienced with staff and the Dentist!! I wouldn't go anywhere else!!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

Dr. John Suljak's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

DDS 1995 (Western University, London, Canada), Diploma Dental Anaesthesia 1998(University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada)

• English